Dalton Clutch Kit?

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want one for my Renegade. Who in the Edmonton area sells them? Dalton website lists Trans Can Imports as a dealer for Edmonton, but they only sell to legit ATV/sled businesses.. Which I am not.

SQUIRTIS

Reaction score
I am positive if u go to like Martin Equipment they can order u one in....actually, any dealership can order one for u

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm headed past Gibbons this weekend, I'll stop and see. thanks.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
installed the kit tonight, though I don't get my Mud Lite XTR's until friday. I decided to set up for larger tires so I don't need to pull it apart again next week. Sounds like this will just mean that my front tires will be stuck in the air most of the time.

I'm curious though, since I forgot to check, at what RPM does the gade engage with a stock clutch? I'm engaging at 2100 rpm with this kit, but didn't check prior.. Anybody know?

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked it up at Absolute Power and Performance. Jarrid had one in stock so it was quick and painless. Good guy too. :wtg:

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can just change the spring if you want, the weights are optional.. You can also just use half the weights and keep the other half stock, but make sure that you keep the weight evenly distributed.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok that was confusing could you give that to me in the dumbed down version?

The Outlander clutch has 6 weights. The Dalton kit has a new spring and 3 weights....change every other one. Some people modify the weights (lighten them).....don't play with this unless you know what you are doing.

Yes, you can just change the spring if you like. The gains are quite limited and you may just make more problems if you don't know what spring to change to or why.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a Dalton Kit for the Outlander 800...got it at Rapid Revolutions in Edmonton.
I asked about availability at the Martin Equip Parts Counter...confused them because it didn't show up under the BRP Parts list....I tried explaining that it wasn't a BRP Part....
From now on, I will call Kevin at Rapid Rev first....seems easiest.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone found it worth changing the secondary clutch spring as well?? (As the Dalton kit for the 800 only includes the primary spring, I assume that Dalton does not feel it to be necessary..?)

Top Bottom