Cummins 6.7L

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at possibly buying a 2007 or 2008 Cummins 3500 Qcab 4x4from a family friend. It has about 100k km on it and is completely stock for $29000.

Are these motors Solid? What is there to watch for?

Also is it reccomended to do a EGR delete, DPF Delete , intake, and programmer to get decent fuel economy?

Apextenn

Reaction score
Engines are great transmissions are crap being a 07 i am guessing that the warrenty is 5 years or 160000 km so definatly doing the DPF delete with a flow through exhaust then chip it you will definatly see a big improvment in milage especailly since it will not have to burn fuel when it is idling in regenerative mode

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at possibly buying a 2007 or 2008 Cummins 3500 Qcab 4x4from a family friend. It has about 100k km on it and is completely stock for $29000. Are these motors Solid? What is there to watch for?Also is it reccomended to do a EGR delete, DPF Delete , intake, and programmer to get decent fuel economy?
Has the engine has is 100000 km egr cleaning yet? If not that's about 600 bucks, go over the truck with a fine tooth comb, check for loose ball joints, loose spline on the front prop shaft, seized u-joint, etc. I only have 65000 on mine and all of these parts have been replaced under my warrenty, this is my completely stock personal truck. My brother went through ball joints every 15000k and he had 35's on his and worked it in the patch.Your at the magic milage for these little things to add up if they havn't been done yet.

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the deletes dont go to well with those newer cummmins, heard they get plugged up

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I went a took a look at it today. It has 101k km on it. 3years 160k Bumper to Bumper warranty remaining.

Options are:
Sunroof, exhaust brake, roll on box Cover, running boards , command start

The bad needs a tail light replaced, and tires soon.

$29000

Sound like a reasonable price?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 130000 km on mine all stock.
I had ball joints , axle u joints , pinion seal , power steering pump and rear drive shaft replaced all warranty.
Rear drive shaft needed u joints and they replaced complete rear shaft. Cost me $100.00 for warranty claim.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I went a took a look at it today. It has 101k km on it. 3years 160k Bumper to Bumper warranty remaining.

Options are:
Sunroof, exhaust brake, roll on box Cover, running boards , command start

The bad needs a tail light replaced, and tires soon.

$29000

Sound like a reasonable price?
So he just bought a extra 3 years 160k warrenty on it, or it has 1.5 years of warrenty left and the warrenty was bought when the truck was new?
If indeed the truck still sounds like it has warrenty on it, it is a good price. go on the truck trader and do a search these trucks are priced at 32 to 40 with the KM on it you mentioned.
And the exhaust brake was standard on the 6.7L.
You did not mention if it was laramie or SLT, but I still think the price is reasonable, You can fine take off tires at a dealer for cheap. I bought my replacement tires new for 500 bucks, but i also liked the stock tires.
Plus you probably know the history on the truck if its a family friend.
After seeing the new 2012 price for one of these I think I'll buy extended warrenty again next year. Other than the little crap my truck hasn't given me a reason to get rid of it, it's been a good truck, I never had a CEL.

Last edited:

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought it Nov. 2007 got 7 year 160k bumper to bumper extended.
So it still has 3 years or 160k remaining.

As for model it is a SLT.

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you heard that, but if I do a full delete on the egr and the exhaust, how is it going to plug up?

read it online somewhere, maybe it was for older cummins, anyway it is gonna be so sick

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So he just bought a extra 3 years 160k warrenty on it, or it has 1.5 years of warrenty left and the warrenty was bought when the truck was new?
If indeed the truck still sounds like it has warrenty on it, it is a good price. go on the truck trader and do a search these trucks are priced at 32 to 40 with the KM on it you mentioned.
And the exhaust brake was standard on the 6.7L.
You did not mention if it was laramie or SLT, but I still think the price is reasonable, You can fine take off tires at a dealer for cheap. I bought my replacement tires new for 500 bucks, but i also liked the stock tires.
Plus you probably know the history on the truck if its a family friend.
After seeing the new 2012 price for one of these I think I'll buy extended warrenty again next year. Other than the little crap my truck hasn't given me a reason to get rid of it, it's been a good truck, I never had a CEL.

Warenty is great.....but I wish I had done my deletes the day after I bought my 08. I think my 4" Stainless TBE with muffer, H&S mini, EGR + cooler delete and fuel rail shim was $1200 + $300 for the tranny tune was the best money spent IMO. P.S I have a S&B CAI $80 if ya want one?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought it Nov. 2007 got 7 year 160k bumper to bumper extended.
So it still has 3 years or 160k remaining.

As for model it is a SLT.
So after the end of next month the truck will have 2 more years of bumper to bumper warrenty. checking online for pricing on the SLT the price he is offering to you is a fair market price.
I only got the 5 yr bumper to bumper when i bought mine, it expires next spring. I bought my truck in July 2007

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after the end of next month the truck will have 2 more years of bumper to bumper warrenty. checking online for pricing on the SLT the price he is offering to you is a fair market price.
I only got the 5 yr bumper to bumper when i bought mine, it expires next spring. I bought my truck in July 2007

November 2011 would be 4 years of warranty gone. Go 3 years as of November.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the deletes dont go to well with those newer cummmins, heard they get plugged up
I think you meant they like deletes! The 67's respond very well to them as do the older CTD. It's just like any poulution crap the sooner u chop it off 90% of the time your way better off. I'm surprised the king of diesels has not piped up..... Or stacked up!

Top Bottom