Buying a Used F350....6.0 or the 6.4?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed my 07 Harley for the most part ............... till someone stole it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed my 07 Harley for the most part ............... till someone stole it.
And there is so many just like u

My bosses 06 Harley super duty got stolen 3 times, before I talked him into a starter kill, engine kill bypass switch, hidden

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 09 6.4l with 220000km. Had a few issues such as the bed plate (done under warranty) and random stuff that i would call wear and tear. Just did brakes for the first time. Been deleted (dpf) since 50km with edge evolution tuner and afe stage 2 intake. Solid truck. Love it, still love it every time i get in it. Biggest problem is that crap paint and chrome. Been rusty since 6 months. Granted i am all hiway. These trucks like to work. 09 had limited problem s. I would avoid 08 unless radiator problems have been addressed. Any questions feel free to ask.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09 350 here, deleted and tuned etc. I respect my truck, follow good maintenance (many say that's key to longevity), and it has been amazing. I too love this truck and it does indeed like to work. 08's are hit and miss....a few had limited issues, but many did. 08 was a big learning year for Ford. Like mentioned, if the cooling system issues have been addressed you would be one step ahead. Then get rid of the egr coolers and valve, of course you need a tune to make that work. I do know three people with 6.0L's that have done all the necessary work to make them live long, and it seems to be working well......problem is all but one have been stolen, and neighbour had two of his 6.0l's stolen.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are the easiest vehicle to steel other than leaving ur keys in it

30 sec and a flat blade screw driver and hammer, door and lock cylinder are gone and so is the truck

If u buy one, get a starter kill, the club, alarm installed

Or a big, good, fire and theft insurance policy

Is there any way i could have mine freckin stolen..........owned it for 10yrs never been touch, what luck is that, i wish.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any way i could have mine freckin stolen..........owned it for 10yrs never been touch, what luck is that, i wish.
Ur just not that lucky lol

Park it for a few days at Walmart in Vernon lol, u just might get surprised

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ur just not that lucky lol

Park it for a few days at Walmart in Vernon lol, u just might get surprised

That's an idea, but with my luck the bastards would get caught in the act.
Or the freckin thing would break down 50ft from where they stole it. LOL

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 2006 6.0 with 235,000 km Love this truck!!! Did the egr delete with edge programer and kept up maintenance. So far it has not been stolen but I do have a rather expensive alarm/ignition shut off system. Had someone try to steal it a couple years ago at home but they were unsuccessful as the alarm was set off.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the crack heads know these are so easy a monkey could do it

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the OP, personally i would go into a GAS powered truck like the F350 with the 6.2L. In the long run they are a way better set up IMO.
The overall cost of operating the vehicle is substantially less then the diesel. The only place the diesel comes ahead is in slightly better towing and slightly better fuel mileage which is over taken by the fact the gas 6.2L is MORE reliable, cheaper to maintain and cheaper to repair, at the end of the day the 6.2L gas truck will leave you with alot more cash in your pocket and completely capable of doing everything you ask of it. Over all, unless your running a commercial business with a fleet diesel powered trucks to the public is more of a status thing and they have proven (diesel trucks) not to be very non commercial friendly.

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that had no issue with my 07 Outlaw, 340k, spent a lot on maintaining it and nothing on repair. A big thing was to pull the EGR valve every time I changed the oil (10K) and washed it down with carb clean, 0 -40 Delvac, I let it warm up and cool down EVERY time I drove it, and used a lot of Diesel Kleen. Sold to a farmer in St Micheal, still going.
Just finished with my 2011 6.7, sold to my son with 340k, same program, replaced the rad, DPF sensor, very happy.
Now I hope the 2014 Raptor will be as good, cause it sure is a hoot to drive, OLD mans hot rod :cool:
Don

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from a 6.0l to a 6.4l i miss my 6.0 just cause it was a fun truck and they are pretty easy to work on when it comes down to it. BUT i would never go back to the 6.0 after pulling my toy hauler with my 6.4l. Really the 6.4 is just like the 6.0 needs to be well maintained and deleted and they seem to run good for a long time, mines now at 235 000 and never had any issues with the engine yet. My 6.0 had 350 000 when i sold it and only had to do a hpop at 300 000 and a couple injectors, original coolers and head gaskets.

landownunder

Reaction score
I drove both the 6.0L(all stock) and a 6.4L(had egr and dpf delete) recently. Wow was I surprised how much more responsive the 6.4 was - the 6.0 had the worst turbo lag of anything I have ever driven. I don't expect the thing to be a rocket from a dead stop but expected a bit more low end power. A bit disappointed with it but as much as I'd love to throw a tuner on it I'd rather have a more reliable truck. Anybody have any recommendations for installing the EGR delete in Edmonton on a 6.0 or a rough idea of the cost? As much as I like the newer styling of the 6.4's I don't think I want to spend that much on a truck now....more money for the toys!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I drove both the 6.0L(all stock) and a 6.4L(had egr and dpf delete) recently. Wow was I surprised how much more responsive the 6.4 was - the 6.0 had the worst turbo lag of anything I have ever driven. I don't expect the thing to be a rocket from a dead stop but expected a bit more low end power. A bit disappointed with it but as much as I'd love to throw a tuner on it I'd rather have a more reliable truck. Anybody have any recommendations for installing the EGR delete in Edmonton on a 6.0 or a rough idea of the cost? As much as I like the newer styling of the 6.4's I don't think I want to spend that much on a truck now....more money for the toys!

call Ric (Summitric) at Sherwood Park Service 780-464-6000 he will give you a fair price on getting it done

Top Bottom