Buying a Used F350....6.0 or the 6.4?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove both the 6.0L(all stock) and a 6.4L(had egr and dpf delete) recently. Wow was I surprised how much more responsive the 6.4 was - the 6.0 had the worst turbo lag of anything I have ever driven. I don't expect the thing to be a rocket from a dead stop but expected a bit more low end power. A bit disappointed with it but as much as I'd love to throw a tuner on it I'd rather have a more reliable truck. Anybody have any recommendations for installing the EGR delete in Edmonton on a 6.0 or a rough idea of the cost? As much as I like the newer styling of the 6.4's I don't think I want to spend that much on a truck now....more money for the toys!

What year is your 6.0? On 2003-05? I think it was you could unplug your egr valve so it would not open/close any more. Doesn't help you if it's stuck open though. Later years would throw a code

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got my vehicle inspection done last Thursday and she passed with no issues. A couple of things that should be replaced somewhat soon, but nothing to worry about now. I used it today and did a 620km drive return trip and she never missed a beat. Even got back home with a 1/4 tank of diesel :) Almost thinking I should keep it........

Top Bottom