2012 Dodge 3500 6.7 aftermarket power

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've been reading a couple of past posts about the new 6.7 cummins, and have a few questions about some of the aftermarket power products for them. My main reason is looking for better fuel economy.

I've got a stock 2012 3500 and have some questions about what I was looking at:

Stage 2 cold air intake - thinking of going with the AFE system, any other suggestions or comments?

DPF delete kit - either an AFE delete tube, or Flo-Pro. How much louder is it than stock? Would you go with a race kit, or keep a muffler on?

Programmer. I was looking at the H&S units. Whats the difference between the Black Maxx and Mini Maxx besides size?

Thanks,

tekim :D

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so if you are doing an intake on the dodge I recomend a S&B system as it is half the price as afe has an 8 layer filter and has a better enclosed box design than afe does! I had afe on my dmax's and just recently switched to a banks one wich is similar in design as S&B minus the plexi glass lid and it works way better than my afe did! my afe was good cause it was really loud lol. with the dpf delete kit I would talk to either kyle or rebecca w/flo pro it is a canadian built and run company and the product is amazing!!!! yes the system will be a bit louder w/the dpf removed but sounds nice! on the cummins I would keep the muffler on the sound of the cummins straight piped is really obnoxious lol and for H&S yes the main difference is the size of the unit same programs and tunes are available for both minni maxx and black maxx and it is an amazing product but you gotta do the transmission tunes it is night and day difference! also do the egr delete if you are gonna get in there and change stuff out

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many clicks on your 2012?? Gas mileage has improved on my '11 lately and seems to be getting better every tank........

Only 2000 km so far, but I was happy with the changes in my 2007 when I did the extra upgrades, so was thinking to do the same with this one.

You do anything to yours yet Ric?

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
only 2000 km so far, but i was happy with the changes in my 2007 when i did the extra upgrades, so was thinking to do the same with this one.

You do anything to yours yet ric?

not yet mikey..... Only 7500kms on it........ Mileage has improved dramatically over the last few tanks, thank christ:)

heard your bars/running boards look great........might doo them to mine too

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many mpg's are you guys getting with the new dodges??? I heard they were pretty decent with dpf on and amazing with the dpf gone

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not yet mikey..... Only 7500kms on it........ Mileage has improved dramatically over the last few tanks, thank christ:)

heard your bars/running boards look great........might doo them to mine too

Before:

Attachments

• IMG_0974.JPG
    IMG_0974.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 278

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After:

I'm pretty happy with them, although I've heard mixed reviews about their durability.

Attachments

• IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 283

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many mpg's are you guys getting with the new dodges??? I heard they were pretty decent with dpf on and amazing with the dpf gone

I've started out getting 13-14 mpg running stock, but I need to get the computer re-programmed with the 33" tires.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was about the same for mileage when new....getting about 17-18 mpg now with 12,000km. Time for a H&S programmer and deletes here also.

Attachments

• IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 274

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Have similar truck - 2010 3500 Mega with 6.7 and 68RFE. 13Km on it and mileage is slowly getting better but it still sucks compared to my 5.9's. It really depends on how hard you want ot spool the turbo. Around town and pulling it's thirsty, on the highway it's not too bad. I would guess I'm in the 16-17 mpg area on the highway.

I have the H&S Mini Maxx with their EGR delete and the Flo Pro delete pipe. I bought the stuff off of a company called Rollin Smoke Diesel in the US but it shipped from I think Flo Pro in Red Deer without any duty. I haven't thrown anything on yet. 2 months ago the valve body and solenoid pack in the trans was replaced and I've been a bit gun shy to replace electronics after I found out the TCM is worth more than $3K. Still do it, but want some reassurance that everything is fixed right. I've heard mileage jumps 4-6 mpg and install looks like about a 3 hour job.

Truck does pull better than my 5.9. If only they could marry a 5.9 to the 6 sp and exhaust brake they would have a absolute winner.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work for a Dodge dealer,we use the H&S black maxx with egr delete,put and edge on a truck and had nothing but issues(black smoke all the time) so it got swapped out. Putting a cold air intake on is a waste of $$ unless your going with a bigger intake tube and a bigger Charge air cooler. The stock box is good for well over 400hp,just put a good filter in it. Have seen lots of truck in the shop with aftermarket intake that like to come off of the turbo,kinda defeats the purpose.

dho2010summitx

Reaction score
Just bought a new one, I pick it up on the weekend. Monotone Black. How many Kms should I put on B4 I can wake up the neighbors ? They told me the only way to get the 800 ftlbs was to go with a 3500, any truth to that ?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your talking about doing a DPF delete, EGR delete intake and Tuner, ASAP is my answer!! my 6.7 has been deleted from 3000km, have over 80000 in it now trouble free

Top Bottom