lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
please do. thinking about coming up to check it out over the holidays.:beer:

Valemount Skier

Reaction score
From some friends who were at Crystal Ridge on December 24
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the top of the Crystal Ridge runs are beautiful champagne powder but the bottom half or more are not fun at all (ugly rain crust and low snow cover) so stay high.
The trail in is pretty good considering the lack of snow however a couple of the dips have water running through them and of course we managed to get stuck in one that was particularly deep so we built a spruce bow and snow bridge over it which worked very well.
There have been very few sled skiers up there especially on the higher runs.

getoan

Reaction score
My son and I took a cruise into Crystal Ridge ystday to check it out. Talked to a group in there, said it was the busiest on the hill they'd seen it. Same as above, snow is fantastic until the elevation the rain hit a few weeks ago. Trail access in and out where good other than the above mentioned roller coaster ride the last km or two in, bring on the snow!

wooleybulley

Reaction score
would like to try out crystal ridge this saturday if anyone wants to go ? i would be comming by myself to ride so need at least one person to double up with :cool:. im a pretty decent boarder but havent really been out this year and need to prep my legs for heli boarding on feb 20, i have beacon probe shovel and ast1 training. txt me if your interested 7808812081 ill try and get back on here before then to check for posts
also possibly looking for sledding buddies on sun and mon, i ride a 2014 pro. im no chris burandt but i can hold my own, quite competent at digging sleds out
my names kyle

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is crystal ridge located from Valemount? Going to try it out for the first time this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Any one want to go this weekend I would like to take my 14 yr old daughter but don't want to ski alone

From mooseknuckle sledding lodge
04 outback dd vortec

Last edited:

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there

At this point, unless you are a tour'er, Crystal Ridge is not recommended. The lower half of the runs are completely rock hard and quite brutal to ski or board.

Sorry, but BC needs snow.....

Top Bottom