AST and Wilderness First Aid courses - Available at Brohm Ridge

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BTSC_Safety2324.jpg

Hello fellow sea 2 sky sledders

At black tusk snowmobile club, we are offering a series of AST and Wilderness first aid courses this winter. All courses include lodging and catered meals at the brohm ridge chalet ! Best learning experience in the corridor

Have a look at our website and sign up .. keep yourself and your friends safe in the backcountry.

Furthermore, if you are interested in joining our club, our AGM is coming up this Friday Nov 10 in Squamish at the executive suites

www.btsc.ca

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took this or similar course years ago out of Chilliwack (Advance wilderness first aid and survival). It was a week long course, not sure if this is the same. It was a requirement for my guiding license. I highly recommend it for anyone getting into the backcountry.
Even with my military background this was an excellent refresher and experience to add to my tool box.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took this or similar course years ago out of Chilliwack (Advance wilderness first aid and survival). It was a week long course, not sure if this is the same. It was a requirement for my guiding license. I highly recommend it for anyone getting into the backcountry.
Even with my military background this was an excellent refresher and experience to add to my tool box.
Wilderness Advanced First Aid (WAFA) is very valuable for any backcountry activities but it is not a survival course. It focusses on what to do when an ambulance is not a phone call away and even SAR maybe many hours or a couple of days out due to weather etc.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, like I said I wasn't sure if its the same course. You suggest its not, good to know. But eitherway its a very valuable as you said.

Top Bottom