Cool New Scratchers...

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy,

Have you checked to see if your torsion springs will push down on the scratcher end when your suspension squishes? By the looks of it, the scratchers would most likely just pop off the rails and into the snow, but it might be worth checking. You may have to mount them further ahead or back to get them away from the torsion spring bars.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy,

Have you checked to see if your torsion springs will push down on the scratcher end when your suspension squishes? By the looks of it, the scratchers would most likely just pop off the rails and into the snow, but it might be worth checking. You may have to mount them further ahead or back to get them away from the torsion spring bars.

ya you may be fooked there.

I was wondering that but wanted to move them up from where my old scratchers were installed. Should I just move them back down the rails then?

Attachments

• photo44.jpg
    photo44.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm not sure wonder if you could find a way to compress the suspension all the way down in the shop to test.

But I want to say mine are mounted closer to #1.... But I better check this evening

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm not sure wonder if you could find a way to compress the suspension all the way down in the shop to test.

But I want to say mine are mounted closer to #1.... But I better check this evening

I figured #1. #2 is where my old scratchers were and they were pretty darn far back.

So next question...how many holes drilled into the rails is too many?! I'm not going to eff it up putting another hole in there am I?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering that but wanted to move them back from where my old scratchers were installed. Should I just move them back down the rails then?

I'd go with spot #1 so long as the legs clear the black little doo-dads on the rail.
Think of the holes as weight savings lol!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks gents! I'll move them tonight and see if they clear the doo dads or not which will decide what spot they go in. Cheers! :beer: :D

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would try compressing the suspension and see if they clear before drilling more holes. Mine seem fine but
have a newer sled with different rails.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried compressing it and no issues. So I'm just going to leave it and see what happens after my first ride

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure u send bogger a pick of it rowdy.

He did say it

sent from my htc

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run over the medlers. Bet he has one ready from tea time.

sent from my htc

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He lives too far. And I'm drinking strongbows in my shop

Top Bottom