Cool Guns

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is gun related, but here's my first time playing with tannerite targets. By far the most fun i've had with my SKS since the day i bought it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeoLjsrM5r8

I just wondering, if you miss your target at the location your shooting. Can you see your bullet travel for the next few day's. I heard if your dog runs off you can see it running for at least a week in them flat as a pancake land. J/K

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I just wondering, if you miss your target at the location your shooting. Can you see your bullet travel for the next few day's. I heard if your dog runs off you can see it running for at least a week in them flat as a pancake land. J/K
lol i wish i could buy some tracers to see how far they go. If i go on top of our grain bins i can see like 20km around easily. North of me is a pretty big hill, unreal scenery from up there. Good thing about flat ground and no trees. Coyotes don't have anywhere to hide, my SKS is awesome when they're out and about. I don't know if you guys go shooting gophers or not up by armstrong in the farmland up there but i have 3 semi auto .22lr and a bout 4 boxes of rounds it's just good fun no matter who you are.

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM II with extended rail, comes with case, 2 c 5rnd mags, and foregrip. $2200

Attachments

• image3_zps589bed23.jpg
    image3_zps589bed23.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 232

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol i wish i could buy some tracers to see how far they go. If i go on top of our grain bins i can see like 20km around easily. North of me is a pretty big hill, unreal scenery from up there. Good thing about flat ground and no trees. Coyotes don't have anywhere to hide, my SKS is awesome when they're out and about. I don't know if you guys go shooting gophers or not up by armstrong in the farmland up there but i have 3 semi auto .22lr and a bout 4 boxes of rounds it's just good fun no matter who you are.

Yes, we do have alot of gophers around here. They tend to hang out in rock piles. Hundred's of them, great target shooting with a 22.
They say a 22 has a harming, maybe even killing capabilities of over 1 1/2 miles.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yes, we do have alot of gophers around here. They tend to hang out in rock piles. Hundred's of them, great target shooting with a 22.
They say a 22 has a harming, maybe even killing capabilities of over 1 1/2 miles.
I lived south of Vernon for a while north of Kelowna during the winter time, but never seen the area during the summer. Would be nice to go back. Can't say i'd be able to live there again. It's just so crowded.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lived south of Vernon for a while north of Kelowna during the winter time, but never seen the area during the summer. Would be nice to go back. Can't say i'd be able to live there again. It's just so crowded.

I agree, the Okanagan was ok to live in about 20yrs ago, before the boom. Now it SUCKs, Kelowna and this entire valley is now the home of retards in summer time then winter comes. If i could i would move out of this **** hole. Its not just a hole but its an ugly dried out one on top of it. Man i miss the lush green rich smell of the coastal forest and the ocean.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
We went shooting today. Think my honey holes have dried up. Not many gophers out. Windy here though

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys in the Saskatoon area, we have a 3-gun match going on this Saturday at the Saskatoon Wildlife Federation. Good times to show up would be 10am - 2pm. There will be _lots_ of cool guns to check out.

Clark Grizwald

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't post pictures of my firearms but I own a decent collection. My favourite go to especially on a quad is a Kel Tec KSG all decked out with a Centre mass green laser. This shotgun is very reliable and compact in size, she's still all caked in mud. I like it that way. Drop it in the river, chuck it on a hard surface or throw it in a mud hole she goes bang when you give her a tickle.:) If you should purchase one after drooling on your iPad I urge you to reframe from putting a vertical for grip on it as you need your hand to ride! There's better grips you can purchase

"The Awesome KSG Shotgun" by Nutnfancy - YouTube

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I agree, the Okanagan was ok to live in about 20yrs ago, before the boom. Now it SUCKs, Kelowna and this entire valley is now the home of retards in summer time then winter comes. If i could i would move out of this **** hole. Its not just a hole but its an ugly dried out one on top of it. Man i miss the lush green rich smell of the coastal forest and the ocean.
I hear the world was a better place to live in 20 years ago lol. Can't say i'd done much 20 years ago, guess still being a kid on the farm. But i completely understand the summer time there with all the lakes it attracts idiots like flies to ****. I always thought Kamloops was more so the desert of BC, and Kelowna Vernon area was more so a green lush area. I've only ever been during the winter when everything was more so hibernating. Where can one even shoot in that area, pretty hard to go shoot when every trees got a hippie chained to it.
Picked this sks up last week, anyone know any good crown land to sight in at west of Edmonton?
Nice SKS, just make sure that rivet stays pinned to 5 in that mag. AS tempting as it is, its not worth it. Make sure you clean that puppy good after you shoot corrosive ammo. I usually spray it down immediately with Seafoam deep creep and then spray it with my air compressor to get it in and around on everything. Then i move the action around a bunch wipe it down, and spray it again, rinse and repeat until it's more so dry.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice SKS, just make sure that rivet stays pinned to 5 in that mag. AS tempting as it is, its not worth it. Make sure you clean that puppy good after you shoot corrosive ammo. I usually spray it down immediately with Seafoam deep creep and then spray it with my air compressor to get it in and around on everything. Then i move the action around a bunch wipe it down, and spray it again, rinse and repeat until it's more so dry.

Thanks man, yeah I know the rivet is staying in, I got my xcr with pistol mags so that's my fun gun for when I wanna blast off lots of rounds

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a removed rivet to increase magazine capacity is a federal offence....I believe you could get up to one year in jail and never own a gun in canada again

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I'm a big fan of gun maintenance. I disassemble all my guns on a regular basis. BUT having said that, I have a couple SKS's, I have one in particular that I have chosen NOT to clean and I now have 1700 rnds through it and it functions perfectly. Some will flame me thinking the rifle has become a safety issue now but it started off as a bet with a buddy. He told me that if I shot 100 rounds of corrosive ammo through it and left it for 6 months, the gun would be Fawked... It's now 4 yrs old and I love pulling it out and shooting a few clips with it in front of him just to stir the chit. Lol.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a removed rivet to increase magazine capacity is a federal offence....I believe you could get up to one year in jail and never own a gun in canada again
When I bought my xcr the guy was saying you could face up to 5 years, not sure if that's true or not but definatley not worth the risk lol

Top Bottom