Cooker hot can

impact71

Reaction score
Hi guys& gals dose any know if the cooker can from the sled shed increases horse power. Another thing is how do they cook any input would be appreciated.
:smiliestirthepot:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hi guys& gals dose any know if the cooker can from the sled shed increases horse power. Another thing is how do they cook any input would be appreciated.
:smiliestirthepot:

At least another 10hp. That can is a beauty. They cook fast because of the extra 10hp. The motor runs a little hotter resulting in hot meals faster........

I had Costco cabbage rolls today and they were ready in 30 minutes (put them in frozen and pre-cooked). If you want hot meals on the hill, TheThing is the way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u_Wz6GujKU

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think any cans increase HP, some probably lose it.

They are great, nothing cooks like one. I put the meal in and once I can smell it, its dinner time.

The install instructions are not good. The L bracket on the bottom, I had to drill my own hole to mount it directly under the spring clip.

Make sure you get some foil heat reflecting tape. You'll need to tape off the plastic wire harness carrier behind the pipe, the plastic recoil surface and anything else close to the can. Since its not ceramic coated, it gives off a lot of heat, my recoil stopped working once till it cooled off and other guys have melted that plastic wire carrier.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Fernie, the parchment paper doesn't burn up in there?

Not really. It will scorch if you leave it in too long. I only had to use the foil reflecting tape on my 2015 T3. Didn't need it on the 2012, the 2013's, nor the 2014.

What doo you mean, "I don't think any cans increase HP"............listen to the sound when the raves open up! That has to translate into at least 10HP.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put one on my cat and it defiantly talks longer to warm up its bogey when cold for a longer period. its way louder than the mbrp trail can I had before Cooks food way better than a muffpot

dozer

Reaction score
Who cares if they add any hp. Best aftermarket product you can buy for a sled IMO.
HOT !! Food fast and sled runs awesome with it on. Had them on a 14 XF high country 8000 and a 14 M 8000 now 1 on a 16 M 8000. Al at the sled she'd just made me the first one he's made for an M6000 and it seem to work awesome too. He was more than willing to build for us, great guy to deal with. Wouldn't want to go without one anymore. Couple buddies running them on Polaris assault and an axys both them work real good too.

impact71

Reaction score
Thank 's guys. I'm putting one in 2016 switchback pro x. I'll post after my first dinner inner. Thanks again Ride safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really. It will scorch if you leave it in too long. I only had to use the foil reflecting tape on my 2015 T3. Didn't need it on the 2012, the 2013's, nor the 2014.

What doo you mean, "I don't think any cans increase HP"............listen to the sound when the raves open up! That has to translate into at least 10HP.

Ya mine is on a T3. When those raves open up she takes off screaming.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
QUOTE: The install instructions are not good. The L bracket on the bottom, I had to drill my own hole to mount it directly under the spring clip.

The new ones for the T3 dont use the L bracket. Al has changed the mounts. The Thing is now easier and fits centered against the exhaust pipe.
Good design change.
Fernie Snow, Gibsons and myself should be doing a master chef on the hill.
We definatelt have some good recipes.
My favourite now is Prime rib, onions and shrooms then an apple crisp when we get back to the cabin........

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was a breakfast sammy from AFD, then leftover moose chili for lunch. Cooked up some leftover chicken breast with bbq and Louisinana on the way down, ate it for an appetizer before supper

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put one on my 14 xm only one ride on it. Not sure if it increases hp but I did lose 8lbs and had delicious meatballs. It's loud when the raves open but other than that I'm happy maybe feels a little snappier on top end??? I don't know. Install instructions were top notch pretty straight forward not sure how you could mess it up.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought one off a guy that never used it, he bought it for his summit x, said it would work on my t3, I got it ceramic coated but I never got any instructions or other parts with it. Would anybody have any instructions so I can throw this thing on?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I bought one off a guy that never used it, he bought it for his summit x, said it would work on my t3, I got it ceramic coated but I never got any instructions or other parts with it. Would anybody have any instructions so I can throw this thing on?

You are a guy and guys don't read instructions enywez. Just wing it. It will work and the only thing that is tricky is the bottom "L" bracket and that is easy to figure out.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are a guy and guys don't read instructions enywez. Just wing it. It will work and the only thing that is tricky is the bottom "L" bracket and that is easy to figure out.

So there isn't any extra brackets that came with the can that I will need? Just making sure I have everything I need before I throw it on.

Top Bottom