Cold Lake

snoproflyboy

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is anyone in Cold Lake that does a lot of sledding in the winter...Maybe we can get a group of us and start riding some trails this winter!!
Current temp is -18 and light snow. Gonna be a cold couple days so dress warm!!

snoproflyboy

Reaction score
-37 with the windchill...not going to get any snow that way!!! Good thing its only for a few days...let it snow let it snow let it snow!!!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Snopro.
I know you guys are new to hitting the hills this year. There is an AVY course in Ashmont, Dec 11.
Good thing to learn if you want to play in the hills safe.

For info check out zacstracs.com

snoproflyboy

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the info...ill have to check out the site to see what its all about. Im not that worried about riding cause i have done it all my life so this is nothing new to me but it is a good course to have forsure!! You plan on going down the mountains at all this year??

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya, try to make it 2-3 times. Vale, McBride or Blue. Might be looking for some new areas aswell. Never know what comes up?

shady

Reaction score
Got a new snowmobile this year and will be doing a lot of riding in the St. Paul area. I have not been on a machine in years. What are the rules for stopping in a town to get gas? I don’t have room to carry any. If you can’t go in to town and have no gas with you what are people doing?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Shady

snoproflyboy

Reaction score
I know in Cold Lake a lot of people have been just driving their sleds to the pumps to fill up. Me personally, I went and got a gas can to avoid that kind of conflick, but im pretty sure you can just go and fill it up long as your not ripping around on the roads. Have a good winter sledding!!!

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Lots of peeps just stop at the gas station in Cold Lake North.
The sled trail to acess the lake goes right by it.

There is no problem stopping for fuel.

As previosly stated, just keep speeds down in the city limits to reduce negative impact on the sledding community.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a new snowmobile this year and will be doing a lot of riding in the St. Paul area. I have not been on a machine in years. What are the rules for stopping in a town to get gas? I don’t have room to carry any. If you can’t go in to town and have no gas with you what are people doing?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Shady
Drive like a white man and have your ins. & registation, should be no problem going to the pumps.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cold Lake has a few places you can grab gas. Right at the staging area for Iron horse trail is the Fas Gas. Then Husky half way through town but still on the trail, & what ever the station in the north is.

tannatious_rae_rae

Reaction score
My Boyfriend and i are looking for a neeeeewwwww group to go ski dooing with. Our old group just kinda died out with age lol. We are going out towards the CLAWR this weekend if you and some other people are interested. We are meeting at noon on Saturday December 4th just at the enterance of the May lake quad rally location. message me if you are interested mahgee@hotmail.com Anyone is welcomed to come along!!!!!!!!!!!!

snoproflyboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the invite but im down in Valemont BC sledding for the weekend. I would be more then happy to go for a rip other then that. Maybe next time you go hit me up. Hope you guys have fun!! :)

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite. Would love to join in but putting hours in at work and then getting the deck finished on the truck to head out to REVY!

YAHOO!

Still a little skinny for snow but lots more at CLAWR and ESSO.

Watch for those hidden land nuggets where OSUM is conducting fire up....
Lots of low cut brushing that can kick up and make a good day go bad...

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Boyfriend and i are looking for a neeeeewwwww group to go ski dooing with. Our old group just kinda died out with age lol. We are going out towards the CLAWR this weekend if you and some other people are interested. We are meeting at noon on Saturday December 4th just at the enterance of the May lake quad rally location. message me if you are interested mahgee@hotmail.com Anyone is welcomed to come along!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the invite. Would love to join in but putting hours in at work and then getting the deck finished on the truck to head out to REVY!

YAHOO!

Still a little skinny for snow but lots more at CLAWR and ESSO.

Watch for those hidden land nuggets where OSUM is conducting fire up....
Lots of low cut brushing that can kick up and make a good day go bad...

I work up at Esso and IMO still way to skinny. save you machine for the real stuff.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
You bet pipes. Did you check out the bunks of wood north of LaCorey.....

Still keeping my eyes out for a load of birch....

Lots of new pads going in and will let yah knoe even if we get half a load.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet pipes. Did you check out the bunks of wood north of LaCorey.....

Still keeping my eyes out for a load of birch....

Lots of new pads going in and will let yah knoe even if we get half a load.

K now I know that you know who I am I'm just wondering who you are. PM me your street handle

WATDAFOOK

Reaction score
Once we get enough snow!! We will be posting sunday rides at T&T Powersports.. Just call (826-6121)and we will give you the location and time.."EVERYONE IS WELCOME"...jUST PRAY FOR MORE SNOW!! Probably a demo or two will make the trip too...

Top Bottom