Reaction score
Ok so its time for a new coat and i just dont get it
Klim wants $500 and yes there good but what about any other brands
Are they worth it or just junk
What is everyone wearing and are they any good

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some people love the Klim and nothing else. KLim has got expensive and sometimes trying to get warranty is a joke. Some guys have had great luck on the klim warranty

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Motorfist . Very good for years!!! If you wait until spring you can get crazy deals. I purchaced the coat and pants for $275.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
There are always deals on "non-current" gear at all the big outfits. Martin's just had a big sale and blew out a lot of older stock. I'm a Klim dude and here to say their warranty is the bestest. Once you get the process down, they are second to none. I'm going on my 8th or 9th pair of bibs (all warranty claim due to leaking) with the purchase of the original pair. Can't beat that! Two week turn around to the Klim people in Idaho and never a problem.

Guys that try to claim gear with holes and tears in it, broken zippers, dirty with mud or stinky will always get denied. All the companies look for something to deny warranty and it the way it goes.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I made the switch from Klim to 509 and Strikt. I have three jackets now and bought a FXR insulated mono and still haven't used it yet. i always been happy with a good hoodie under a light jacket shell, even in -20 and been fine. bulky jackets suck and if you are too hot you fawked. Strikt shell for the win IMO

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got nothin but klim anymore. I've still got my first klim jacket from about 12 years ago that still looks new and still completely waterproof. Used to use ripzone stuff but was usually soaked by the end of the day. Had a bunch of FXR stuff over the years including an FXR onsie but it was an insulated one, even on cold days that thing was too hot. Started to fall apart after 2 years. Found the quality was not there with FXR, (Gloves, Boots, Helmets and the Onsie) none of the stuff really impressed me for the money, but they've probably got the best looking stuff color combo wise. Bought the Klim onsie and it's the best I've owned.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
90% of the time, I wear a Klim Revolt pullover with layers underneath. Think they are only around $130.00
Keep my 10 year old Valdez coat in my pack for the ride out and for when we are stopped for more than a few minutes.

bbsummit1

Reaction score
Ok so what about a Polaris coat. Since Polaris bought Klim is the Polaris coat good.
Not wanting to be cheap but Jesse $ 400 - $ 500 for a coat

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so what about a Polaris coat. Since Polaris bought Klim is the Polaris coat good.
Not wanting to be cheap but Jesse $ 400 - $ 500 for a coat
your just asking about polaris coat since you switched from ski-doo to polaris, I like klim but have also had good luck with skidoo brand also

Travco28

Reaction score
I have had Klim for 12 years now. Never had a problem and always dry. Now that being said I have not tried anything else to know if its better.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched to a klim monosuit last year and will never go back, got it for $400 in february, was a great deal, wore klim bibs and jackets for the past 8 years and never had an issue, always dry and warm but the monosuit is just so damn comfy. I tried a tobe coat it was good but fits too baggy for my liking so I sold it. I had fxr crap and got nothing but wet and have had all sorts of snowboard gear which is good only for snowboarding. You get what you pay for with klim, I have buddies with motorfist and they seem happy with it as well. The new 509 gear looks decently made and I was riding with borchers last year and he really liked his 2020 509 gear that he was wearing but who knows on longevity....... will it be good after years of riding abuse like Klim? that remains to be seen, give it a few years i guess

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m still using my klim Valdez that’s 10 years old and it still looks and works like new. That being said I usually only wear it mountain riding. I bought a motorfist coat to wear while riding around home. It was cheap $220 and it sucks. I’m always cold even when heavily layered. I am getting a onesie this season. Hopefully I will find a good Boxing Day dale.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the skidoo sympatix and skidoo rpm, the motor fist, but really like my klim stealth with the stretchable gortex. Was pricey, even at the sled show3 yrs ago, but by far the best and most comfortable that i have tried to date.

Top Bottom