Clutching

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had my 800 out yesterday and it felt like the engine brake was on sometimes. So we stopped for a bit and had a break went to go and it sputtered really bad and would not stay running.Tried to pull it with my 500 and broke the tow rop twice (cheap tow rope) so we used the winch to pull it and in nuteral it could hardly move it almost sounded like it was trying to turn the engine over.Then it seemed to loosen up and i took it for a run and was better but still semmed like it was holding back a bit.It does have a clutch kit in it, not sure what kind I bought it that way.Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions of what to do or where to look.
Thanks

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya pulled the cover off and the belt was completly destroyed on the outside not the inside not sure why.... everything looks good.Going to try a new belt,do you now if you can get a better belt than Polaris because I put that belt on in Jan and not that many miles and where the hell do the chunks go that are missing.

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Droping it off at Polaris this morning to have the clutches inspected and aligned. Just do not have time to mess with it and need it back in action with rally season upon us:d

Kelly

Reaction score
All of the small belt chunks are stuck up inside the air cooling tube. Make sure you stick a coat hanger or something up inside to pull all the pieces out, or you will be pulling the belt cover off again. Had this happen to a buddy before. Not hard just a pain in the azz.:p

Top Bottom