Chrome Rim Resurfacing

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, does anybody know anything about where or how to resurface chrome rims? The chrome finish on mine is starting to crack and peel. Can you have them sandblasted and powdercoated? because black would be pretty awesome. Any help would be appreciated.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Hey everybody, does anybody know anything about where or how to resurface chrome rims? The chrome finish on mine is starting to crack and peel. Can you have them sandblasted and powdercoated? because black would be pretty awesome. Any help would be appreciated.

If you look in yellow pages,under wheel repairs,,,you will lind places that repair them..
And you can sandblast and paint or powdercoat them.As long as they are steel wheels,sand blast the chrome off and paint them black,,powdercoating is expensive if your on a budget

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you fall a sleep??

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by that? they fit on a 99 dakota?
I wanted to know the vehicle you have them on, then I can assess the situation for you. So those rims have chrome finish on a aluminum rim is that right.?

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the rim some of those rims actually have a outer chrome plastic that is fastened to the rim with a expoxy so what you want to do may not work. Some after market rims are the same cost as refinishing rims, jobber rims have really come down in price since there are so many on the market.

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know the vehicle you have them on, then I can assess the situation for you. So those rims have chrome finish on a aluminum rim is that right.?

just curious, how does that help asses the situation? and yea they're aluminum

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, they have an actual chrome finish not just a plastic thing

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya bro.. there is alot of places that will do that.. you can sandblast them and then powdercoat them black, and its not expensive at all.. or you can get them re chromed. but you drive oh icy salty roads and well chrome will get ate up by that..

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

And here I thought the most recent gf sucked the chrome off.....

Yes you can sand blast and get them powder coated, that's what I'd do before re-chroming. It would look a lot nicer on that yellow truck.

Oh, and get the gf practicing boy :d

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And here I thought the most recent gf sucked the chrome off.....

Yes you can sand blast and get them powder coated, that's what I'd do before re-chroming. It would look a lot nicer on that yellow truck.

Oh, and get the gf practicing boy :d

hahahahahah Dale thats awesome

Gazoo

Reaction score

call darren at wheel works 780 463-4763 . He should be able to help you out or point you in the right direction.

Top Bottom