Chopper cost

turbo RMK

Reaction score
Wondering how much people are paying for a chopper rescue in the valemont and mcbride area and what company they went with

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard its pretty costly up that way? Not sure what company but $1500 and up if I recall... must be no heli's close by its all based on fly time and the timing of the call can affect the price,, like fathers day at 5 pm not good timing hahaha been there but that was a $400 quick ride in Revy :) or approx 600-800$in golden meaning back in Gorman like in golden lol I think quartz is bout $1000

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
I was way at the back of Allen creek by oasis a year ago and roasted the motor in my xp. Had the GPS coordinates and went to yellowhead helicopters.
Took him 47 min to go from hanger to recover and back to hanger.
Cost was 920.00
That cost gets higher if you have no GPS coordinates and if weather is crappy and he can't land and get it you still pay for the attempt

And I got one sweet tshirt.

Scared me when I saw the chopper flying back and I couldn't see my sled then really low from the trees it popped out. Lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354159961.663601.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354159993.936174.jpg

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well atleast you got a cool t-shirt :D

I was way at the back of Allen creek by oasis a year ago and roasted the motor in my xp. Had the GPS coordinates and went to yellowhead helicopters.
Took him 47 min to go from hanger to recover and back to hanger.
Cost was 920.00
That cost gets higher if you have no GPS coordinates and if weather is crappy and he can't land and get it you still pay for the attempt

And I got one sweet tshirt.

Scared me when I saw the chopper flying back and I couldn't see my sled then really low from the trees it popped out. Lol
View attachment 142670View attachment 142671

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. I'm wearing the exact same shirt right now. Been wearing it for three years now. Had my TM1000 choppered from the hill climb in valemount. Cost around 800 if I remember correctly. The t shirt does take the sting away as you are handing over the visa though!

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine got a lift last spring in Revy for $500.00 and she got a tee shirt too , she really wanted it to be PINK too but they only made them in black LOL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad flew a T vector out of the back of allen, with yellow head choppers. Same thing as posted above with GPS coordinates and it was $911. Spent five hours trying to pull that tank out, it needed a chopper. Next day blew an engine in an xrs so we went to town bought 400 feet of rope and a block and tackle, haven't needed a chopper since.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two seasons ago I had a sled choppered from the last bowl in Allan Creek. We had exact coordinates and built a landing pad with a couple other sleds and had the sled sitting on the outer edge of it. YELLOWHEAD helicopters charged me $760, I met the pilot at the hanger to pick up the sled and he said he had a tail wind on the return flight. Having the exact location saves you money.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DSCN0205.jpg Just under 1000$ few years back, 53 min +/-. 1100$ hour i beleive

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Choppers...........:rant:

Does anyone know the kid who left the apex on the mountian in Clemina two weeks ago ? We will be heading in this weekend to locate it, get a vin etc and instead of getting rcmp/insurance folks involved it would be great if he just called us at the club.

This is going to be one of these $800 bills and the club will cover the cost for now although one awesome S&M member has offered to take care of the whole bill (dpolacik) although I really hope it does not come to this.

It would be awesome if anyone with info could give me a call.

Thanks
c

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, IDEA ! what happens if unclaimed?? i can use a parts sled.

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didnt say i would "STEAL" it. i believe "unclaimed" was the key word.
That would make you a scumbag thief and an insult to the "Rabbit Secret Service" who attempt to watch over abandoned sleds!!!!
....lol....

Top Bottom