Chopper cost

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm really disappointed now, I had my sled flown out by Yellowhead in Clearwater, and I didn't get a T shirt. :(

It was right around $1000.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Choppers...........:rant:

Does anyone know the kid who left the apex on the mountian in Clemina two weeks ago ? We will be heading in this weekend to locate it, get a vin etc and instead of getting rcmp/insurance folks involved it would be great if he just called us at the club.

This is going to be one of these $800 bills and the club will cover the cost for now although one awesome S&M member has offered to take care of the whole bill (dpolacik) although I really hope it does not come to this.

It would be awesome if anyone with info could give me a call.

Thanks
c

What the hell is wrong with people? Its too bad others leave their burden for the club or other sledders to bear. Hope the club charges him an extraction fee of $3,000 for removal of potential safety risk to other sledders in their management area. Sled to be returned upon payment in full. If not paid within 90 days, sled becomes property of club and will be sold to recover costs incurred during extraction. Could this not be written into an agreement / posted on the trail head sign or added to the disclaimer on the back of the trail passes? Sure would make these people start thinking twice about this stuff when they find out they will not be getting their property back.

Wondering if the sled belonged to him in the first place.......

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd pay the chopper bill to have that apex, be a nice donor sled for a project

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Choppers...........:rant:

Does anyone know the kid who left the apex on the mountian in Clemina two weeks ago ? We will be heading in this weekend to locate it, get a vin etc and instead of getting rcmp/insurance folks involved it would be great if he just called us at the club.

This is going to be one of these $800 bills and the club will cover the cost for now although one awesome S&M member has offered to take care of the whole bill (dpolacik) although I really hope it does not come to this.

It would be awesome if anyone with info could give me a call.

Thanks
c

Yank it out and send the registered owner a bill for time, labor, fuel. No payment means sell sled to highest bidder

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey give the guy a break he completely destroyed his sled maybe he went back to work for a few weeks to make some money so he could afford to recover it not every person who rides waste there time on s&m
Ya he could maybe have told someone but I'm sure hr wasn't in the best state of mind as he left town

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Five years ago it cost me $1800 to have my sled flown out of Renshaw by Yellowhead choppers. We were back about as far as I have ever seen tracks there. Easy spot to land chopper and clear day with GPS co-ordinates. We were in Tit deep snow and Only two Adults and a teenager. Tried for two days to pull it out then finally phoned chopper.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some good points about where you leave your machine. i remember last year watching a very simple pick take about 2 hours. the guys could have done it the night previous and saved 1500$. the chopper ride i assume normally being at the back of allan creek about 1000$. first he circled for half an hour looking for a spot to land as they left the sled in a really poor spot. then he tried a few landing attempts and failed as it was just too much of an incline. to he had to set down and they had to run over across the creek and learn how to tie the knots so they could pick it from the air. all they had to do was drag it a couple hundred feel to the flat spot in the bowl and there would have been no issues. since watching that if i ever need to call the chopper i will try and get it to the best spot possible. flat is the most important thing it seems.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone worried about the landing for the chopper? Why not just meet them there and hook it yourself? No objections when we did it that way.

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
I think some company's and pilots rather hook it up them selves for insurance purposes.
I offered to hook mine up and the pilot said no I will land and doo it. That was fine by me cause I didn't want to go by my self as there was only two of us on that trip. with my buddies sled all the way off into nowhere to hook up my busted sled.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone worried about the landing for the chopper? Why not just meet them there and hook it yourself? No objections when we did it that way.

I guess most guys figure the easier it is for the chopper pilot the cheaper it will be. When we talked to the pilot the night before he told us it need to be as level as possible do we ripped back in the next am and hauled it to the middle of the bowl

Thegeneral

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When mine got pulled out, it was down a ravine that we couldn't get it out of, or I would have just rode it back to the truck. Nothing resembling flat anywhere, the only thing that kept it from being a total write off was a big tree that stopped it 80' down or so.

I think I am going to look into a gas winch to keep in the truck this year, for situations like that.

Top Bottom