Chatter in the Spring :)

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been up to Chatter a couple times this season.. Had decent conditions both times we went up. As mentioned above - you can ride a decent size valley in behind the lodge that isn't used for skiing. Once the skiers are gone home it's fair game for sledders.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, I am sure the chatter team appreciates this decal on there roof.

image.jpg

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, any updates on snow conditions? Looks like a cool week ahead to preserve my snow!! LOL

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the story with this place? Is it all booked up in advance? Was thinking of going next spring.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When our group of 12 booked, it was kind of a fluke. The previous year we went up for a day trip and ended up in a bowl, that was a "decent pull" to get out. It was paradise except for the way out. (we now know an easier route...)

anyways it was close to 4 pm and with multiple tries to get out, I decided to go and get some help. I went to the lodge and asked if we could hire a cat to get a dead sled out.

The operator asked Dale (Owner) by radio, he was on the glacier, if he could go and retrieve the sled and he said go for it., I asked how much? He said that we will figure that out later.

We waited for him to make it over to the climb and crest and the operator was a little gun shy because of the loaded slope. Dale decided to come and cut a new track in and retrieve the sled He rolled up with an XP, with a sweater and jeans... Heineken in his lap, he slayed that sidehill and rode that bad boy up.. I still have to edit that vid, it was awesome.

He has nerves of steel, he knows that area like no one. cutting to the chase, we managed to get the sled out and got back to the lodge by 8:30 pm and decided to square up and warm up, and have a drink. They only allow you to have 2 drinks if you are not staying.

We approached Dale and said "So dale what do you want to drink?" He chose a whisky that was $40 a shot.. No problem, here ya go!

Then we asked him what was the damage for the sled recovery....

He said, "Don't worry about it, IT'S THE CHATTER WAY, Just tell your friends and see you next year. "

The Bartender girl (Heidi, yes she was smokin' hot BTW..) said there was a couple of open spots to spend the night, but we decided to go back to golden and didn't get back till 12:30 AM. Mistake...

We rounded up a group of 12 and placed a spot. Slowly we creeped up a week, but there is a big group that is ahead of us that say they will have to die before a group our size would be able to get the opening weekend.

It's a seniority based booking. I have to get that vid up of Dale climbing that off camber slope and maneuvering the cat to avoid going off the edge.. It was something to see.

What's the story with this place? Is it all booked up in advance? Was thinking of going next spring.

Last edited:

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When our group of 12 booked, it was kind of a fluke. The previous year we went up for a day trip and ended up in a bowl, that was a "decent pull" to get out. It was paradise except for the way out. (we now know an easier route...)

anyways it was close to 4 pm and with multiple tries to get out, I decided to go and get some help. I went to the lodge and asked if we could hire a cat to get a dead sled out.

The operator asked Dale (Owner) by radio, he was on the glacier, if he could go and retrieve the sled and he said go for it., I asked how much? He said that we will figure that out later.

We waited for him to make it over to the climb and crest and the operator was a little gun shy because of the loaded slope. Dale decided to come and cut a new track in and retrieve the sled He rolled up with an XP, with a sweater and jeans... Heineken in his lap, he slayed that sidehill and rode that bad boy up.. I still have to edit that vid, it was awesome.

He has nerves of steel, he knows that area like no one. cutting to the chase, we managed to get the sled out and got back to the lodge by 8:30 pm and decided to square up and warm up, and have a drink. They only allow you to have 2 drinks if you are not staying.

We approached Dale and said "So dale what do you want to drink?" He chose a whisky that was $40 a shot.. No problem, here ya go!

Then we asked him what was the damage for the sled recovery....

He said, "Don't worry about it, IT'S THE CHATTER WAY, Just tell your friends and see you next year. "

The Bartender girl (Heidi, yes she was smokin' hot BTW..) said there was a couple of open spots to spend the night, but we decided to go back to golden and didn't get back till 12:30 AM. Mistake...

We rounded up a group of 12 and placed a spot. Slowly we creeped up a week, but there is a big group that is ahead of us that say they will have to die before a group our size would be able to get the opening weekend.

It's a seniority based booking. I have to get that vid up of Dale climbing that off camber slope and maneuvering the cat to avoid going off the edge.. It was something to see.

I have or had 12...only 6 now...its not easy to get in....

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another solid weekend in chatter, 2 out if 3 days riding we're bluebird. Snow is skinny, however found a few faces with decent accumulation. Watching the base jumper ski off a 4000ft face was pretty awesome. Tons of traffic, most I've seen in the past 5. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

cschmidt17

Reaction score
Heading to chatter this weekend! Will be 4 of us and we're pretty experienced! If anyone wants to meet up on the hill for a nice cold brew let me know! Side note, can you camp in the parking lot at chatter? First time we have been there and don't really want to drive to golden every night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom