Chatter in the Spring :)

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's going ? Staying in the lodge or driving up ?
We're pulling trailers into lower parking lot and staying for a few days.... :)
BBQ everynight, pulling hottub in on trailer !!! Decks and trailers and having a H3LL of of a time :)
April 24 ish....

RN

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to make it work if I can, it's always a Delma to make work with seeding on the farm, but with one good snow storm at the farm I can make it happen, will try for those dates and see.. Did it five or so years ago and it was a blast, manager chopered fuel in on long days of riding for us..

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy to say I am going! Going to be there April 12 staying at the lodge. First time I been there can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jake Jenkins: Better check your dates.. They open on the 4th..LOL

I am up there on the 12th, 13th and 14th. Neilsledder is in our group this year.

It's our 5th season for our group of 12. Hope it dumps 4 feet just before we go and then sunny skies and warm!!

I have mapped out quite a bit of area already, and have a few more bowls to find access still.

Gonna be a blast.

BTW. Csherer's group has 2 spots open from the 13th to 17th at the lodge. PM him if you want to go.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cuso I checked the dates it's 3rd to 6th , we sled 4th to 7th, the group I'm going with as had those dates for over 10 years now and there was suppose to be 10 of us couple can't make it so have a opening for a couple guys if anyone is interested

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone care to explain this thread? Is there a new area that opens up in the spring?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but basically there is a small area that sledders can ride year round but after a certain date it opens up to the Cat skiing area which is massive. Someone once told me if you have enough fuel you can ride to the icefields by Jasper? I believe it is mostly glacier riding as well is it not?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but basically there is a small area that sledders can ride year round but after a certain date it opens up to the Cat skiing area which is massive. Someone once told me if you have enough fuel you can ride to the icefields by Jasper? I believe it is mostly glacier riding as well is it not?
Something i might have to check out this spring. Never been before. Anyone have pictures or a map of the area?

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cuso I checked the dates it's 3rd to 6th , we sled 4th to 7th, the group I'm going with as had those dates for over 10 years now and there was suppose to be 10 of us couple can't make it so have a opening for a couple guys if anyone is interested

Could make one spot work if still available

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Year round riding is limited to more flatland ridiing that is out of the tenure's scope... more of a simple vallley,,,, ( basically out of the skiing areas....)

big country... I have gone for many years, and it may be a possibility to hit the parks,,,It's pretty huge and we have hit some big challenges as a group to go further in some places/// This spring will be a big year to explore further.

if you have enough fuel you can ride to the ice fields by Jasper? I believe it is mostly glacier riding as well is it not?[/QUOTE]

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Year round riding is limited to more flatland ridiing that is out of the tenure's scope... more of a simple vallley,,,, ( basically out of the skiing areas....)

big country... I have gone for many years, and it may be a possibility to hit the parks,,,It's pretty huge and we have hit some big challenges as a group to go further in some places/// This spring will be a big year to explore further.

if you have enough fuel you can ride to the ice fields by Jasper? I believe it is mostly glacier riding as well is it not?
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you've been before, do you have any pictures?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nope, you cannot get to the jasper icefields. There are some nice glaciers to the east and north of the lodge.

Top Bottom