Chaincase questions

dmax_silvia_s13

Reaction score
Well I just changed my chaincase oil tonight for the first time as I just bought the sled. There were some metal slivers on both plugs and there was a very thick substance(way thicker then the oil) built up on them as well so I took the chaincase cover off and at the bottom was more of the same thick stiff built up so I cleaned it out. Is this something I should be worried about or do you think it was just an additive that was put in?Also how tight should the chain be? I could move it quite a bit. Should I tighten the tensioner?

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Normal. The thick crap is material that the chain wears off the tensioner. Tighten the bolt with your fingers until tight and then back off two flats or 1/4 turn. Lock down. No biggie.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only be concerned if you feel chunks in the fine silvery mush. Then you need to look at chipped teeth or chain links.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many miles / km's on the chain.

I don't go past 2000 km's on a chain. Figure it don't owe me anything after that.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the plug has a magnet on the end as does the dipstick just to collect the metal filings just clean it off the dipstick more often

Top Bottom