Cattaract Creek.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there today or yesterday? Looking to come up tomorrow to break in two new sleds. Wondering if it's pounded out already?

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There should be a few trails that still have some fresh snow on them. There are lots of short cutblock trails around that can be fun. Im going out there again monday and Im sure I can find some more untouched snow.:beer:

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There should be a few trails that still have some fresh snow on them. There are lots of short cutblock trails around that can be fun. Im going out there again monday and Im sure I can find some more untouched snow.:beer:

Thanks Roy,
I had a great day of riding, thanks for letting me join you guy's but man am I ever bushed.Keep in touch we'll have to ride again.

Cheers,
Dave

SX_Viper_mtx

Reaction score
poped down there today was an awesome day for a trail ride went way back in from etherington and down to cattarct and back to the truck in the parking lot, heres a few pics 20km rip. Only seen a few people around.

Attachments

• IMG_3557.jpg
    IMG_3557.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3554.jpg
    IMG_3554.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3551.jpg
    IMG_3551.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 59

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I met up with neddacsac and had a great day also.We parked at Cataract and managed 45 miles.Sure a hard start in the morning at -26c.
Certainly nice to come home with no damage at all as Cateract is usually hard on me and my sled.Met some great people on this trip including Rucky who drove all the way from Edmonton for a day trip,now thats determination.I went over to a enclosed trailer to say hello because the trailer had snowandmud grafics along with snow bunny racing but found out that these gentleman had just bought the trailer and had not removed the decals yet.Nice guys though,his wife had bought him a new XP for Christmas,hope my wife reads this.lol

Dave

Attachments

• first ride Oct.12 2009 Cataract Creek 007.jpg
    first ride Oct.12 2009 Cataract Creek 007.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 74
  • first ride Oct.12 2009 Cataract Creek 012.jpg
    first ride Oct.12 2009 Cataract Creek 012.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 66
  • first ride Oct.12 2009 Cataract Creek 008.jpg
    first ride Oct.12 2009 Cataract Creek 008.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 72
  • first ride Oct.12 2009 Cataract Creek 009.jpg
    first ride Oct.12 2009 Cataract Creek 009.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 69
  • first ride Oct.12 2009 Cataract Creek 010.jpg
    first ride Oct.12 2009 Cataract Creek 010.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 65
  • first ride Oct.12 2009 Cataract Creek 014.jpg
    first ride Oct.12 2009 Cataract Creek 014.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 79

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey dave saw you out there today with rucky. hope you made it home safe. we watched a couple ppl hit the ditch on hiway 2 and 16. including a rollover of all things.
pics should be up today or tomorrow.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey dave saw you out there today with rucky. hope you made it home safe. we watched a couple ppl hit the ditch on hiway 2 and 16. including a rollover of all things.
pics should be up today or tomorrow.

I'm glad you guys made it back safely.On the way back to Calgary I phoned a friend in Edmonton and he told me it had been snowing all day.Next time you all head this way send me a pm and we'll hook up.You are are bunch of determined sleddersand I respect that.Hope we can all go for a ride to Revy or Sicamous soon.

Cheers,
Dave

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for sure. we'll definately let you kno next time we are heading out there.
yeah we were doing 60km down hway 15 and it was still slick. thank god for 4x4

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great day out there yesterday guys. great way to start the season, no damage!! i think today would've been even better with all the snow we got in the city overnight. hopefully the chinook doesn't melt it all and we can all go out again soon.

thanks to smokindave for the smokies!!

GRD

Reaction score
WOW! You guys are brave! I bet you have to be extra careful! Good to here everyone had a good time!:)

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every thing on your sled checkout ok Dave?

Everything is perfect,after that water dried in my airbox I put on five more miles before loading up.
Thanks for the invite Roy we'll have to ride more this season.

Thanks,
Dave

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW! You guys are brave! I bet you have to be extra careful! Good to here everyone had a good time!:)

Nothing brave about it,just had to feed the need to ride.Apart from playing in a meadow it was all trail riding.Couple of sleds got broke in properly where as if it was deep deep powder breakin would have not happened.
It was a good time for sure.I guess the three guys that drove from Edmonton were brave hearing about road conditions on their way home.

Cheers,
Dave

threatready

Reaction score
Nice pics makes me super excited. I was wondering if I could get some direction to a starting point in etherington or cattaract Creek for sledding, I have never been and I will be near there for a few weeks end of oct - nov. I am out of country this year for the winter :cray: so I would like to get a small sledding fix before I take off with work. Thanks
-Joe

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics makes me super excited. I was wondering if I could get some direction to a starting point in etherington or cattaract Creek for sledding, I have never been and I will be near there for a few weeks end of oct - nov. I am out of country this year for the winter :cray: so I would like to get a small sledding fix before I take off with work. Thanks
-Joe

Im sure we will be going out again in the near future. I will send you a pm when we are going and see if you wanna tag along.:beer:

CB1

Reaction score
Wow, ok I have my sled on the deck, I am chomping at the bit to go for a ride. That looks so freakin awesome. We've got a fresh 2"of snow and I heard near nordegg up to 14" don't know how true that is but I gotta go somewhere to ride. Hopefully enviro can is wrong about the warmer temps. Nice to see snow this early.

Top Bottom