Cattaract Creek.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kananaskis country fluz, that is at the trail kiosks. under know the rules. in the permitted motorized activities section, under type of vehicle.

Mclean creek snow vehicle permitted jan 1 to mar 31
Cateract creek snow vehicle on designated trails dec 1 to apr 30

i contacted the forestry (403.297.8800) for further info
you were lucky you didn't get finded. you cannot sled in cateract creek until dec 1, or mclean crk until jan 1 or you risk fines etc.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After being stopped by the game wardens and asked what conditions are like and giving a group racing through the parking lot taking turns with a five year old with out insurance or registration or helmets,true parking lot posers. I just spent the last half hour going through the bylaws and yes there are closures,at McLean creek no where near Cataract.Good idea before making posts on things that you know absolutly nothing about is to do a bit of investigating before you post.Kind of like thinking before you speak.Just my opinion though and probally most who read these "Run, run the sky is falling" type posts.Only reason I can see for a post like this is you want all that fresh snow for yourself or you are a id**t.

Thanks for your concern,
Dave

you may have done it again dave, foot in mouth syndrome, called the calgary office for correct info. try to save you some change and you start calling me an idiot, don't look into any mirrors.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you may have done it again dave, foot in mouth syndrome, called the calgary office for correct info. try to save you some change and you start calling me an idiot, don't look into any mirrors.

whats with this site going for crap with people calling people idiots for basically no reason
imdoo'n said in his original post kinda asking the question about closures
and people jumping on him for asking a question and to top it all off he is right
someones should be buying a couple of rounds

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If it is true I appologise but while talking to forestry guy he said nothing other than hows the snow.There were also trailers in parking lots and all the way up and down the road with hunters on quads.
He asked for insurance and registration as they always do and then went giving tickets to group racing through parking lot,no helmet,insurance or registration.
Maybe you should be telling the fuzz cuzz they don't know.
Also no signage anywhere, after leaving Cateract parking lot I drove up to Etherington parking lot which had four trailers and also no signage.
There is signs at Platue mountain restricting access to non motorized vehicles only.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats with this sire going for crap with people calling idiots for basically no reason
and people jumping on him for asking a question and to top it all of he is right

Truck broke down,no makey money,real bummed out and in terrible mood.Got $2000.00 to lend me to fix crane then I'll be happy again.If he wants to meet after Dec.1 Cateract parking lot I'll buy the beer.:beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats with this sire going for crap with people calling idiots for basically no reason
and people jumping on him for asking a question and to top it all of he is right

well i got my dander up when called out as an idiot, when all i was asking was if anyone new the regs. sorry for the blast, but i made the call and got the low down.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
LOL i need another Beer . Anyway i got stopped as well when i was sledding there.He asked hows the snow. And have fun. Didnt say it was closed or nothing like that. If it snows tomorrow ill be there.There are no signs of any kind so i cant see it being a problem.Happy ridding.

And if you wana wait till Dec 1st to sled. That means more snow for me.

Cheers Darrell:beer::beer::beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no problem, have fun, as long as they don't ask your ok. we acquired a few ch!t tickets last year, about a $1000 worth, in a different area. forest guys don't give many warnings just tickets, so you did good. more snow more beer, don't pay the man.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its strange that this info isn't posted anywhere. McLean is obvious, its right on the signs all around the area.

I have been down around Cataract Cr and Etherington numerous times, no where on the trail signs does it have Dated restrictions. I will have to get one of them paper fluz maps.

thanks for the info, not that there will be enough snow down there again anytime soon :rant:

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Don't know if anythings changed much but heard they got some early snow which melted soon after and as recent as last week were getting rain and were waiting for some snow. Hoping the recent snow in the BC area carries some over the mountains and into the area. Might drive down later in the week to check things out first hand.

Mackie 12

Reaction score
we are thinking of going for a ride in Cataract next weekend, just to check it out. never been down there before so if anyone wants to go for a ride and show me and the old man around it would be appreciated.

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same

sure like to find out the snow conditions there

Mackie 12

Reaction score
We drove down there a week ago and there was around 8" in the parking lot. Have you ridden there before bdeitz?

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you read through some of the previous posts, there is a concern that cataract is closed until dec 1st.
i'm not saying i know for sure one way or the other, but i think there has been enough calls to the rangers now that even they are convinced it should be closed...

Mackie 12

Reaction score
Yea i have read some of them even when i had gone down there i looked at the snowmobile trail map in the parking lot which did not say anythign about dates we are aloud to be sledding. i think they would have it on the area map in the parking lot? We are going for a ride anyway

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe 2-3" in the parking lot @ Etherington last weekend (15th). Not worth the drive.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea i have read some of them even when i had gone down there i looked at the snowmobile trail map in the parking lot which did not say anythign about dates we are aloud to be sledding. i think they would have it on the area map in the parking lot? We are going for a ride anyway

good for you, excatly what i would do if there was snow!

cliffclavin

Reaction score
It was kind of foolish making the calls to the rangers....If its unclear whether its permitted then it works in our favor....If you are convinced its not permitted, then simply wait until December then go sledding....However, its pretty unusual for us to have enough snow to sled much before anyway.....

Top Bottom