Cataract Creek Snowmobile Trails offical thread 2016/17

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone heading out Fording way tomorrow?

If all goes good I may be grooming Baril Loop for you. Make your trip home smoother. We were out that way this weekend doing a single pass so far.
Trail groomer takes donations and fuel cards. Just saying. Those snowcats and the sleds don't run on pixie dust. Do your part and help the volunteer club keep this area going and buy a trailpass next year

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If all goes good I may be grooming Baril Loop for you. Make your trip home smoother. We were out that way this weekend doing a single pass so far.
Trail groomer takes donations and fuel cards. Just saying. Those snowcats and the sleds don't run on pixie dust. Do your part and help the volunteer club keep this area going and buy a trailpass next year

Thank you for the grooming. Smoother is always a bonus.

I have joined the club, bought a trail pass and have yet to try these groomed trails :)

Still looking to go out tomorrow no riding partner.

Last edited:

Reklaw

Reaction score
Thank you for the grooming. Smoother is always a bonus.

I have joined the club, bought a trail pass and have yet to try these groomed trails :)

Still looking to go out tomorrow no riding partner.

Want a riding partner for Friday? Looking at going be need a partner also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjmm2

Reaction score
I don't think ill head out tomorrow. Going to take my kid snowmobiling on Chestermere tomorrow since it's supposed to be warm out.

I have never been to Catract creek and am interested in riding If anyone is going. could make the trip from Edmonton and join up in the morning. ride a 2009 MK 800 and
got all avy gear and avy courses

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a happy grooming guy! IMG_0834.JPG

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
He is smiling on the inside, that is his serious "there's grooming to be done, stop taken pictures and get in the cab" look

little concerned why if you're a passenger you feel the need for a helmet Scott....... worried Glen's going to throw you over the edge of the trail? :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which trails have been groomed this week? We are heading out tomorrow with a couple of people with not a lot of experience so we would like to treat them kindly.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trails are the best I think they have ever been. Thank you!

From all of the grooming crew your welcome. Big Thanks to All Track for the demo groomer. It has proven that with a maintained system those trails could be great. We just need to buy a snowcat but for that we needs support $$$$$. Ride them while they last people. Each year it's getting better.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sunday I had a chance to ride a normal sled out there and not a Skandic SWT. Was great to be out on the sleds. Trails are groomed some wider than others. It's important for all riders to remember that these trails are two way trails. When coming around corners you need to slow down and look for oncoming traffic. Same as if your on a road with your vehicle. Ride safe and have fun go slow and have a look around and be aware of what's coming up ahead. Get out and enjoy. Spring will be coming soon

Slewshark 10

Reaction score
I have never been out that way, I am hoping to go this weekend. Can anybody give me an update on trail conditions and if a 4x4 is needed to get to the staging area's? Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom