Catalyst 998

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So who’s look at it already…will it fit?
IMG_2688.jpeg

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure there will be some that will make it happen…. But it’s not going to be popular… way too expensive.
This will be like the failed attempts of the triple-triple IQR

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will fit. If you compare the Ascender engine compartment to the Catalyst it similar in room. Catalyst has a better fuel tank design and intake design that compliments the 998. If the splines on the Catalyst upper belt drive gear are the same as the Ascender then there are already jack shafts that will work for Yamaha clutches. You will obviously have to make new upper frame tubing, but that was true with the Sidewinder vs 800 as well. To me it doesn't seem like that much work to get it to fit, but I wont know until I get my hands on a Catalyst and get the engine out. But ive been in talks with Ibexx to help me with my goal.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think it would be easier to put the catalyst plastics on a king cat than to put a 998 in a catalyst. Performance wise they would be the same.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think it would be easier to put the catalyst plastics on a king cat than to put a 998 in a catalyst. Performance wise they would be the same.

Where is the fun in that. Need to work on the next mod sled, and why not try it with the latest Cat chassis. Keep it stock looking, factory intakes, fuel tank,... just a sleeper until it starts up.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is the fun in that. Need to work on the next mod sled, and why not try it with the latest Cat chassis. Keep it stock looking, factory intakes, fuel tank,... just a sleeper until it starts up.
If your going to fab up engine mount brackets build a second set and I’ll buy some off you.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your going to fab up engine mount brackets build a second set and I’ll buy some off you.

Im in talks with Ibexx as I was inquiring about their intake setup they have for they 2 stroke turbos. So Im ironing out some details with them as to how many kits they are wanting made up. I already have a buddy interested as well when I was just going to be doing it for myself.

On that note if anyone is selling a Catalyst 600 or comes across a used one let me know.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be nice if some one built that whole main frame with mounts out of titanium for us yammy guys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The main frame isn’t priced that bad of a guy wanted to get started and just watch around for a 600 to finish project up at a good price

Attachments

• IMG_0040.png
    IMG_0040.png
    249.6 KB · Views: 45

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be nice if some one built that whole main frame with mounts out of titanium for us yammy guys

Im learning how to weld titanium currently. But wouldn't feel comfortable enough to sell to someone until at least a year of abuse since I have little experience welding it.

Chromoly tubing frame would be best, lighter than steel, stronger and no expensive like titanium. You probably dont have to build a complete frame either, can do it like the current chassis where certain sections bolt together. If you look at that Ascender to Sidewinder frame the lower section is the same and the side tubing that goes around the upper engine section is different.

Top Bottom