Cat belt?

Big_Guy

Reaction score
Ppl are talking about using cat belts on there pros? What for?

Sent from my iPad using

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are $65 vs $185 and almost identical dimensions. 0627-048

I also found the Cat belt not to spit strings so soon as the Poo belt. It seems as the string is not so visible from new, the Poo belt has the strings right at the contact surface while the Cat belt has them buried the rubber, well at least on my belt. Can anyone else confirm this?

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also found the Cat belt not to spit strings so soon as the Poo belt. It seems as the string is not so visible from new, the Poo belt has the strings right at the contact surface while the Cat belt has them buried the rubber, well at least on my belt. Can anyone else confirm this?

Confirmed on mine as well. My factory belt split the string at around 600 miles. Since then I have put on the Cat 048 belt and have had no issues with almost double that amount of miles. Plus like mentioned above at less than half the cost.

rmscustom

Reaction score

Interesting thought... I noticed on my last 115 poo belt the cord was actually outside the rubber. Pulled a cord at 60 miles and was completely trashed at 200 miles. The new one I just picked up looks the same.
I am worried about a performance difference using the cat belt but might need to try one.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting thought... I noticed on my last 115 poo belt the cord was actually outside the rubber. Pulled a cord at 60 miles and was completely trashed at 200 miles. The new one I just picked up looks the same.
I am worried about a performance difference using the cat belt but might need to try one.

I wouldn't be worried about performance. If anything I have found the Cat belt to be much better all around

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I looked in too it as well. They are $115 at Argyl Motorsports. They are 1.448" wide and 46.986" length. They should work. Might need to re-shim your spider but depends on how much your tolerances are out. I haven't ran one yet, but I will in the near future.

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I will try the cat belt. My stock polaris belt blew up into about a 100 pieces at 650 miles. I don't think it's worth the $200 for another stock belt.

Sent from my iPhone using

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran the dayco belt last year on my boost it pro and lasted twice as long as a stock Polaris belt and only 100 bucks

Top Bottom