cassiar

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone sled these areas? were planning a trip in april and was wondering what to lookout for and what not to, perhaps some riding area experiences

mountainhunter

Reaction score
used to work in the area .closest fuel and hotels is dease lake or watson lake . both are some where around 100 miles out .havent been up there for a couple of years but i am not sure if the road is plowed from the hiway 37 junction to the townsite. have had some pretty marginal fuel from dease so it might be an idea to bring your own sled gas .mnts are beautiful ,lots of snow ,lots of avy chutes and you will be very much on your own .which is good and bad. might be gas at good hope lake but doubt there will be any premium. lots of old mining trails and roads .might also be some cabins at the cottonwood river crossing but the used to be only open during summer tourist season. tried to do a trip up there about 5years ago with some guys from around dawson creek but couldnt get it organised .good luck and keep me posted

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spend lots of our free summers there and we are planning a sled trip there for end of march or april. Larry still lives there year round and the road to the mine site should be plowed. If your looking for premium gas Dease lake may have it but it won't be the cheapest thats for sure. I suggest bringing it with. Closeest places to stay would be watson lake about 135km away with all facilities and Dease lake with limated facilities. Keep us posted on when your going and for how long for. You won't be disapointed thats for sure.

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were leaving april 8th and gonna drive straight thru if we can, with a quick stop at the hotsprings for a soak in the tub, theres 2 tidy tanks in the back with diesel and premium, and a cpl extra sleds just incase. a cpl guys in the group bought a lease for a cabin there, so thats where we are staying. they went last yr about the same time and had a great time, so more of us are goin this time...

Top Bottom