Can-am Turbo kit

Gristleboyz

Reaction score
Hey guys this is Steve Laslo with Gristleboyz in Olds alberta. Just wanna let all you canadian guys know ill be taking orders for our turbo kits in about 2-3 weeks. Check out a few videos on youtube under gristleboyzinc. Or you can check out the website Gristleboyz.com. I about 10 kits going to be done in 2-3 weeks but the are unfortunatly all sold. Let me know if anyone needs one. For anyone in the US Gorilla-axle will be distributor for the kits.

Thanks
Steve Laslo
Gristle Boyz inc

Gristleboyz

Reaction score
The Can-am Renegade and outlander 8lbs turbo kit comes with everything you need accept the the power comander. This kit will give you 92 crank hp and was dynod at Accurate dyno tuning out of sherwood park. $3995.00 4 hour install if you cant install yourself. $65.hr Give Steve a call if you have any more questions.

Steve, 403-507-1710:cool:

Gristleboyz

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the Gristleboyz Turbo kit.

Attachments

• Chris's Pics 40D (QUADS) 024FQV.jpg
    Chris's Pics 40D (QUADS) 024FQV.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 875
  • IMG_0615.jpg
    IMG_0615.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 707
  • Chris's Pics 40D (QUADS) 069FQV.jpg
    Chris's Pics 40D (QUADS) 069FQV.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 907

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice..is there one for a 700 grizzly?..oh ya like a renegade needs a turbo..got shute?:d:beer:

Gristleboyz

Reaction score
A customer Had his 09 Renegade 800R X Turbo on the dyno today at Accurate Dyno tuning. He was Running 28" Zillas and 7psi boost. His best pull was 91Rwhp i will post the dyno sheets. We figured about 40% drive line drag bettween the crank and the wheels. So doing the math makes it around 128 crank hp... Just thought I would let you guys know.

bluepsylo

Reaction score
A customer Had his 09 Renegade 800R X Turbo on the dyno today at Accurate Dyno tuning. He was Running 28" Zillas and 7psi boost. His best pull was 91Rwhp i will post the dyno sheets. We figured about 40% drive line drag bettween the crank and the wheels. So doing the math makes it around 128 crank hp... Just thought I would let you guys know.

Hi guy's, I'm the guy that pulled 90+ HP (rear wheel) on the dyno. Man that turbo really opened that Rene up! Steve over @ Gristle Boyz will take care of ya guy's. He dropped over during my install (travelled up to Edmonton) for a cold one and help a bro out. You need to cratch the itch, run their turbo. I am still playing around with a few settings but it rocks! I wheelie out of sand corners rocking a set of 28" Zilla's. The piping in the kit is super clean, and bolts right up, instructions are great, pretty much a simple install if you have a little mechanical appitude.

Attachments

• Left side clyde-1.jpg
    Left side clyde-1.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 548
  • Gristle Boyz Turbo Kit-1.jpg
    Gristle Boyz Turbo Kit-1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 479
  • Front on-1.jpg
    Front on-1.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 522
  • Turbo mounted-1.jpg
    Turbo mounted-1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 763

bluepsylo

Reaction score
No intercooler, no need for one I guess. I have not checked the IAT's yet. I am considering a liquid cooled Intercooler though. I just have to have a good look and find where I would mount it. I'm sure it would benefit from an intercooler but not needed @ 6-8 psi of boost. Give Steve a call over @ Gristle Boyz and I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer any questions.

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guy's, I'm the guy that pulled 90+ HP (rear wheel) on the dyno. Man that turbo really opened that Rene up! Steve over @ Gristle Boyz will take care of ya guy's. He dropped over during my install (travelled up to Edmonton) for a cold one and help a bro out. You need to cratch the itch, run their turbo. I am still playing around with a few settings but it rocks! I wheelie out of sand corners rocking a set of 28" Zilla's. The piping in the kit is super clean, and bolts right up, instructions are great, pretty much a simple install if you have a little mechanical appitude.

Need some video of this thing in action...

Gristleboyz

Reaction score
Ok well for the intake temps we have not done any tests with a guage at all. When I was designing the kit i really wanted to run an intercooler but i ran into some huge issues. The first is that unless your machine is pushing more then 10psi boost that your Charge temps dont get high enough to need one. The second is where would i put an intercooler that would be big enough to accually cool the charge temps but still be away from engine heat but be protected from sticks stumps and other crap. The third would be intercoolers usually need lots of air flowing over them to do there job and 50km in the hills or going down tight trails it would be hard to get the 80+ km wind speed at all times that the intercooler would need to work. Also we all know how Radiators work with mud caked in them, the intercoolers are the same. The nice thing that the can-ams have is the same senser that reads barametric pressure on the intake manifold also reads intake temps as well. I have had this code come up but i was also pushing around 12psi boost trying to keep up with my buddys sport bike. Not a good idea:nono:. So with 6-8psi boost you will be safe with no intercooler but i am working on an 09 Renegade RX that be built for drag racing and it will have a front mount intercooler so if you guys are looking to stay out of the bush and mud then it will be availible for you to purchase but you will have to sacrifice your front bumper. This would be the only Place to mount the right size intercooler and be away from Radiator or engine heat. I have to get back to work on an outlander.. Keep askin questions guys ill try to answer them as clear as i can. Clear as mud.... Jk

Steve Laslo

Gunny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a way clean install. Great job Gristleboyz.

Later ...

bluepsylo

Reaction score
Thanks for the praise, Gristleboyz did a great job with the fabrication of the kit. Give them a call!

I am at 92.6 RWHP now but I think we were losing a little with wheel slippage.

141 km/h but on the rev limiter with full shift out.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many axles and diffs are you guys going to go through with that much torque when the machine is under load??????????.

Top Bottom