Can-am outlander damage from lake

SproutYEG

Reaction score
It was the athabasca river up by brule...... water wasn't cloudy and that was my fear :) I love Can-am but I know they can be finicky. I appreciate all the replies no matter how good or bad the news is :) I was surprised it even turned over

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've swamped my 1000 3 times. I managed to turn the key off everytime before it went under. Over 3000 miles of harsh mud abuse and still ran strong before I pulled it a couple weeks ago to put a Mav motor in. Must be one of the lucky ones.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
helped a friends boy with this same situation a couple years ago. had a 650 outlander that drowned, if you tip the machine toward the drain plug side when draining you won't have to use as much oil. seems can am doesn't put their drain plug at the bottom of the crank case. 3 flushes and we had it clean.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it was clean clear water ..you have a great chance of saving it... reading about a few that have saved there machines ... even mutiple times and still running strong... yes i hear those stories alot too... but for every one i hear that has saved there can am ... i see 5 that have not... so i guess there is a chance... nothing to lose now but go for it... just saying.. a rotax is a different animal then most... they absouletly hate water or or dirt in them ... way more so then any other brand....

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Swamped the hell out of my grizz 660 many times before i decided to go 686 High comp etc. on the upper .

pulled it apart and it was like new.. lol .. singles do have their benefits thats forsure.

Top Bottom