Cabin Rebuild

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
question is is it cyle approved?

looks like door problems, may be a few height restrictions. hehe
its a private cabin for bogger and plio......................... perfect height they can stand up and not bump their heads on the roof

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
There will come a day when St Peter will ask you...

"Explain your blasphemy towards the hobbits"... better have an answer prepared, because there may not be a seat available at the bar downstaris.....

Just sayin

its a private cabin for bogger and plio......................... perfect height they can stand up and not bump their heads on the roof

Bwahahahahahahaha...............

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There will come a day when St Peter will ask you...

"Explain your blasphemy towards the hobbits"... better have an answer prepared, because there may not be a seat available at the bar downstaris.....

Just sayin

Bwahahahahahahaha...............
thanks booger lmafo.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Awesome FS!! I had no idea. Is this being done all with volunteer work? I haven't seen any posts looking for help - but i guess since last winter i haven't looked at S&M a whole lot anyways.... I'm a seasonal S&M addict.

The posts for help (all volunteer) will come. This weekend we will get the rest of the piles up, cut off at 6' above the ground, the beams on and then.........

Don't need a lot of help at this stage but once we start on the floor trusses, floor and walls, and roof it will be pretty much full bore to get it closed in before winter. We have "Silent Floor" trusses and if we put them up we need to go all the way to the roof to keep them relatively dry.

So following this weekend, we should know what we are doing as far as scheduling goes.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The posts for help (all volunteer) will come. This weekend we will get the rest of the piles up, cut off at 6' above the ground, the beams on and then.........

Don't need a lot of help at this stage but once we start on the floor trusses, floor and walls, and roof it will be pretty much full bore to get it closed in before winter. We have "Silent Floor" trusses and if we put them up we need to go all the way to the roof to keep them relatively dry.

So following this weekend, we should know what we are doing as far as scheduling goes.

haha awesome FS but a highway threw rolling hills is not needed is it?? its always so fluffy and not all go in there so it would be nice left as is,, but hey not complaining very kool I just love POW POW!!

come on snow

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
haha awesome FS but a highway threw rolling hills is not needed is it?? its always so fluffy and not all go in there so it would be nice left as is,, but hey not complaining very kool I just love POW POW!!

come on snow

With Tembec logging for 4 years and plowing the Morrissey/McEvoy FSR, yes it is needed before someone gets seriously hurt with a logging truck. We were very fortunate last year that there was not an accident with sled/logging truck as guys continue to use the plowed road and temp fate.

FS so is the wranglers cabin still going to be open to all?

The Wrangler's cabin as we know it will be operational this winter. Following this winter we don't know. The FSA doesn't have the lease for the land but we own the old cabin. The lease holder has told us that they do not want additions nor renovations on the cabin. It is mouldy, rotting, and needs some TLC. When we were told about no renovations nor an addition, we looked for a new piece of land for our use. We got it and are moving forward.

Our new cabin will be a public warm-up/emergency shelter. It will be built 6' off the ground to accommodate the snow levels. 10' high walls in the cabin and a 20' x 12' covered deck for the bar-b-que. Facilities for Search and Rescue and a badly needed resource for the area. Estimates are in the $100,000 range not including volunteers, discounts, and donations.

It is going to be sweet.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With Tembec logging for 4 years and plowing the Morrissey/McEvoy FSR, yes it is needed before someone gets seriously hurt with a logging truck. We were very fortunate last year that there was not an accident with sled/logging truck as guys continue to use the plowed road and temp fate.

The Wrangler's cabin as we know it will be operational this winter. Following this winter we don't know. The FSA doesn't have the lease for the land but we own the old cabin. The lease holder has told us that they do not want additions nor renovations on the cabin. It is mouldy, rotting, and needs some TLC. When we were told about no renovations nor an addition, we looked for a new piece of land for our use. We got it and are moving forward.

ahhhh yes the logging road good point,, theres always a reason!!!

awesome cant wait to check this new cabin out, if I can help on the days needed I will try for sure,, hint hint sundays!!! lol

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Our new cabin will be a public warm-up/emergency shelter. It will be built 6' off the ground to accommodate the snow levels. 10' high walls in the cabin and a 20' x 12' covered deck for the bar-b-que. Facilities for Search and Rescue and a badly needed resource for the area. Estimates are in the $100,000 range not including volunteers, discounts, and donations.

It is going to be sweet.

I would be happy to come volunteer if needed. I don't sled there very often, but would like to help out.

Sent from my Desire HD

Top Bottom