Cabin Rebuild

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow load was a little much for one of the club cabins last year. Volunteer work in progress.:beer:

UncleToms_000.jpg DSCF0782.jpg Building_the_New_Uncle_Tom's_Cabin.jpg

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outside of Kelowna, a few kms. behind Big White Ski Resort off the 201 Forestry Service Rd.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Application has been in for about a year now, if we could build it, we would. Hopefully we can make some progress with the powers that be soon!

It took the FSA, 2 and 1/2 years to get the paper work completed for approval for our new location. One definitely has to have patience dealing with the government.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Application has been in for about a year now, if we could build it, we would. Hopefully we can make some progress with the powers that be soon!

I long for the good old days when bureaucrats could be bribed. A case of the finest whiskey, a box of cuban cigars and next thing you know you have your permit.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Roy.... If you give me a case of whiskey... and a box of cigars.......... I will build your cabin.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Where is this one located?

This is on the Coal Summit. So if you are using Coal Creek staging area from Fernie, it is on the groomed trail in the old burn. We are hoping to have a groomed trail through the Rolling Hills this winter to access the Notch and Pipeline. This new cabin will be closer to Fernie than the Wrangler's by about 3 miles.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is on the Coal Summit. So if you are using Coal Creek staging area from Fernie, it is on the groomed trail in the old burn. We are hoping to have a groomed trail through the Rolling Hills this winter to access the Notch and Pipeline. This new cabin will be closer to Fernie than the Wrangler's by about 3 miles.

Awesome FS!! I had no idea. Is this being done all with volunteer work? I haven't seen any posts looking for help - but i guess since last winter i haven't looked at S&M a whole lot anyways.... I'm a seasonal S&M addict.

Top Bottom