C3 SyncroDrive queestions

STOLLER99

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if these are worth the $$$, would like some feedback from people who have it on there sled. I have a 2012 163x doo and going to keep it stock and am just wondering what kind of upgrade this would be for me.

Thanks in advance.​

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Mike at Powder Lites in Sicamous. He can probably give you info on it. (250) 836-4422

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put one on the 880 this year, it was fairly basic install, but it streched a fair amount first ride, enought to ratchet, as for the stra gain, i need more seat time

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey just wondering if these are worth the $$$, would like some feedback from people who have it on there sled. I have a 2012 163x doo and going to keep it stock and am just wondering what kind of upgrade this would be for me.

Thanks in advance.​
If you search this it has been discussed quite a bit. I have had one on a sled from the first proto type in 2009. As far as a big gain i cant tell as it would be to small to tell. As far as not having to worry about a chain breaking and taking out case ,yes. No oil to deal with.
I would say about 3 pounds lighter and that is rotating mass.
The system and C3 are one of the best i have delt with and haven't had any trouble.
Before system i was having trouble with chains with my 2008, 860 with 174x2.5. Have moved up to 2010 with 880 174x2.5 last year and now this year to 174x3 inch .
No problems to date and have over 2000 miles on drive.
Belt only has to be tightened the once and it doesnt stretch after that. Once you buy it you can take it from sled to sled as it is very easy to install.

Just my fingings.

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
Talk to the Micku boys, apparantely the original was stripping the teeth, but they have updated since & from what I heard it is all good, especially with larger lugs & longer tracks, when a chain tends to fail more rapidly, not to mention the damage it causes

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my biggest concern is the amound of sproket on the top jackshaft, i have less than a half inch on the jackshaft because shim is very wide in the kit, i was thinking of building a second shim half the width to give it more bite

i also found the bolt broke that goes inside the jackshaft, it ran great all day with out the bolt, and in theory it should not be needed, but not sure why??

as for weight, it came in at 6.25lbs from greyhound with box and packing, and parts removed came in at over 10 with out the weight of oil

bad santa

Reaction score
I ran one for 1500km last year and no problems. Can't say what the gains were as I inatalled it when the sled was new. As for C3, they are one of the best aftermarket companies I have dealt with. There were a couple of bolt failures last year so Kevin redesigned it and sent out the upgraded part to everyone that had one of his kits.

Top Bottom