Buying tools online?

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys or gals order hand tools online? I've never used Amazon or any other online retailers before and was wondering what everyone's experiences w/ online tool shopping have been.

Thanks!

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was just going to say that Babco Tools is great to deal with. Good selection of tools with great prices. Buy lots from them for work trucks, shop, etc.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blackrock tools for cordless have great deals and free shipping in Canada

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great. I buy loads online. Many from Amazon.ca. The prices change daily and you gotta make sure they have free shipping. You can get some good deals if you look often. I ad item Im interested in, into my cart and check them often to see if the prices moved to what I want to pay.

I have bought from blackrocktools amazon.ca thetoolstore.ca kmstools busybeetools.com elitetools.ca all great places.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Amazon all the time, when you check out you have to select the free shipping option, my account won't default to it for some reason.
Currently waiting on a hand vaccum pump kit to check oil injection check valves on my M and bleed the brakes. Did most of my Christmas shopping there, got the ol lady a Bullova diamond face watch for under $200.... Gotta watch those deals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered a couple of sockets from Sears, total about $11.00. They sent me a set of 5 sets of Vise grip pliers. I called them to find out about returning them and to reorder sockets, they said keep them apologized and sent me a 50 piece screwdriver set along with the sockets to say sorry. 5 Vise grip pliers, 50 craftsman screwdrivers and 2 sockets for under $20.00, not too bad.

Toro

Reaction score
I've bought from Northern Tool (Ohio) and E Bay.com hand tools from Northern and larger items on E Bay, flange spreaders, grease pumps, Haskel test pumps etc. Northern has always been good, for my 2 cents worth anything I buy off of EBay is always from a gold star or high transaction seller, I've never had any issues and make an average of 1-2 transactions a month. Oh and nothing outside of North America. Try to use USPS which inter lines with Canada Post. FedX and especially UPS are the biggest bunch of shipping crooks out there! They add all kinds of extra charges and then try to guise it as CBSA charges.
if you ground ship with USPS usually GST is all that's due.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FedX and especially UPS are the biggest bunch of shipping crooks out there! They add all kinds of extra charges and then try to guise it as CBSA charges.
if you ground ship with USPS usually GST is all that's due.

Isn't that the truth!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered a couple of sockets from Sears, total about $11.00. They sent me a set of 5 sets of Vise grip pliers. I called them to find out about returning them and to reorder sockets, they said keep them apologized and sent me a 50 piece screwdriver set along with the sockets to say sorry. 5 Vise grip pliers, 50 craftsman screwdrivers and 2 sockets for under $20.00, not too bad.
That is because craftsman is junk now. They have to give their sh!t away lol.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys or gals order hand tools online? I've never used Amazon or any other online retailers before and was wondering what everyone's experiences w/ online tool shopping have been.

Thanks!
It is really going to depend on what tools you are looking for. You have to be aware of warranty for some tools. Some stuff is worth getting online some is not. Some stuff you cannot buy locally and the same goes for online. I wouldn't want to buy my atv/bike lift on line. Might save a couple hundred bucks but it would cost $1000 in shipping. Might be a screwdriver set for 10 bucks online vs 12 locally. Shipping and conversion might kill the deal. I wanted to buy a helmet yesterday( I am in the US right now) but with the conversion the price is up there. I might still buy it as I haven't seen it sold at home yet but it is a big thing you have to look at.

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another place is toolshoppers.com . They are in Ontario and sell genius brand tools. Decent prices and quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't bought tools from amazon but I have bought quite a few other things and its always been great. I would definitely pay attention to shipping charges though as it doesnt take many tools to make a pretty heavy box. I thought Sears craftsman tools had lifetime warranty? or at least they used to. I know in the past we've had a few clearly abused tools replaced by them free of charge.

Top Bottom