Buying atv in Alberta and bringing back to BC

sleddin22

Reaction score
Looking at buying an atv in Alberta and bring it back into BC. So just wondering if there is any registration issues bringing it in to BC from Alberta? Since they have plates on their atvs in Alberta I am assuming they are registered. Has anyone run into any issues bringing them back to BC? Anything I should know before I go and buy in Alberta and bring it to BC?

Thanks a lot for the recommendations and advice.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to pay the hst or whatever they call it there

Sent from my S4

Sledhead96

Reaction score
Are you buying used or new? If used, I'd keep looking in BC. A whole lot cheaper it seems than buying in Alberta. At least that's how it is with sleds. I'm from bc but in ab every day. But regy is not an issue. Bill of sale is all you really need then take it to service bc and they will do it all there for like 10$ if there are no unforeseen problems. Male sure the serial # & reg # Is on the bos if it's been previously registered. :)

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is currently no registration requirement in B.C. If you go down to try and register it they will take your money for the Provincial thieves portion first. Carry your bill of sale at all times for proof of ownership as that is all that is currently needed for quads.
Sleds are the only regulated atv's in BC requiring registration to be operated on FSRs, not enforced a lot but still there. Changes are supposed to be coming that will affect all atvs in the future.

Top Bottom