Buying a side by side...

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm buying a side by side. Except I can't decide weather I want the RZR 570 or the RZR 800. Any input would be appreciated. Not gonna be a hunting unit. More so a pay toy lol

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rzr 900 or 1000 or wildcat 700 or 1000 or maverick 1000 are my opinions if you want a play toy

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Polaris 800 is old school you should look at the 570 or 900 all depends on what kind of riding you want to do

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either the 800 or the 570 will suit you fine. the 570 has good power, as well as the 800. not the fastest, but fast enough. you may experience
less trans trouble down the line with the 800. the new style trans in the 570,900,1000mchines have some issues.
you may not have the fastest machine out there, but the ones saying to buy the big machines will be slower than next years iron, and may also find the high powered machines being outlawed if the majority of albertans get there way.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm buying a side by side. Except I can't decide weather I want the RZR 570 or the RZR 800. Any input would be appreciated. Not gonna be a hunting unit. More so a pay toy lol

A classic Freudian slip. I think you meant "play" toy but typed "pay" toy which is probably more realistic given what these things cost new, the huge selection of after market stuff for the side by sides and then replacing a roll cage after a miscalculation of the angle of a slope you are traversing, burning donuts a little too tight or taking a corner a little too fast.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
A classic Freudian slip. I think you meant "play" toy but typed "pay" toy which is probably more realistic given what these things cost new, the huge selection of after market stuff for the side by sides and then replacing a roll cage after a miscalculation of the angle of a slope you are traversing, burning donuts a little too tight or taking a corner a little too fast.

Mind your own business Roy... The roll cage wasn't bent that bad before the maxwells got ahold of it.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either the 800 or the 570 will suit you fine. the 570 has good power, as well as the 800. not the fastest, but fast enough. you may experience
less trans trouble down the line with the 800. the new style trans in the 570,900,1000mchines have some issues.
you may not have the fastest machine out there, but the ones saying to buy the big machines will be slower than next years iron, and may also find the high powered machines being outlawed if the majority of albertans get there way.
There is a HP limit coming now .... News to me . Lol

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ndp in power anything can happen!

If opera says so i'd bet it would happen overnight!

Atv's and sledders are far down the ladder i'm afraid,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen on the news federal government just protected a huge part of province to protect caribou habitat, guess about 3500 caribou mean more than all the sledders and quadders that may use these area's. Get ready to love riding in your own yard

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya and 10 times more dangerous, So being quicker floats your boat, go for it.
Didn't think a trail ride was a race. You were lucky you didn't run over the two girls at that trail crossing, if i was their dad you would be in intensive care right now. Your riding don't impress me much! You seen what a 30 km head on will do. Any idea what 60 mph would do on a blind intersection? from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time n place for everything,
Open pipelines and wide trails promote higher speeds, Tight trails with lots of intersecting trails, you need to slow it down some. No wonder the general public is getting pissed off!!! I was going a lot slower and just saw the two girls having some trouble with quad. No way keith could have stopped in time, no idea what posses some people.

Last edited:

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The AC trail is great if you are short. Im 5'8" with short legs, fits me like a glove. Buddys 6' long legs and legs hit dash. He bought the big cat 1000 great machine, he fits in but some trails I fit between the trees and rocks he cant.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have the RZR trail version, 800xc. Basically the 50" with the slightly wider stance. For the type of riding the wife and i do it is ideal. Not into speed so at the end of the day we actually saw the scenery and why we (wife and i) enjoy getting out.
The power is plenty and i believe the 570 will match the 800 in most situations, they are very popular around here also and money talks.
When i bought mine i started by looking at the 800 then went on seriously looking at getting the 900. But the price difference was VERY substantial and no trail version was being offered, only in a wide version. At the time there was a $4,000 difference between the one i bought and the 900 i was looking at.
My 2013 was 11,900 on the show room floor bare bone. I added a few extras during the deal. The 900 was 16,000 bare bone. It was a no brain'er at that point.
Today i walk in to the Polaris dealer and see the prices of these big unit's and can't help my self but LAUGH, just to play in the hill's.
I think if your patient enough you'll find a deal on either one 570 or 800. Maybe even a bigger one with the way jobs are going in Alberta.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No matter what you buy its all about maintenance ... Some guys machines break about twice a ride , fortunately though they never wasted any time maintaining them...
And the more power the better , for play ....
its cheaper to buy it up front than try to add power and suspension later...!
Never under buy , no one really cares how much YOU saved .....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the RZR trail version, 800xc. Basically the 50" with the slightly wider stance. For the type of riding the wife and i do it is ideal. Not into speed so at the end of the day we actually saw the scenery and why we (wife and i) enjoy getting out.
The power is plenty and i believe the 570 will match the 800 in most situations, they are very popular around here also and money talks.
When i bought mine i started by looking at the 800 then went on seriously looking at getting the 900. But the price difference was VERY substantial and no trail version was being offered, only in a wide version. At the time there was a $4,000 difference between the one i bought and the 900 i was looking at.
My 2013 was 11,900 on the show room floor bare bone. I added a few extras during the deal. The 900 was 16,000 bare bone. It was a no brain'er at that point.
Today i walk in to the Polaris dealer and see the prices of these big unit's and can't help my self but LAUGH, just to play in the hill's.
I think if your patient enough you'll find a deal on either one 570 or 800. Maybe even a bigger one with the way jobs are going in Alberta.
I agree if you don't like it .... No one else should .

Top Bottom