Burant back country adventures

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were thinking of going down to colorado to ride with chris burant has anyone ever gone and done this. just looking for some feed back on the tour thanks:beer:

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
were thinking of going down to colorado to ride with chris burant has anyone ever gone and done this. just looking for some feed back on the tour thanks:beer:
theres got to be some one who has done this before

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want my honest opinion, here it goes.

Last year a group of us looked at going to ride with Chris. We were communicating with him a lot. At the end of the day I could not justify the extra costs just to ride with Chris. For the money it would have cost, we could ride the mountains here, Colorado or just about anywhere else, with proffessional guide, food, sleds, etc., and get more riding days in. To me that's what was important. Sure, to say you had a couple days with Chris would be cool, but there is a price to pay. I would rather ride extra days....but that's just me.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
zrrr makes a good point ITS NOT CHEAP, but I learn from hands on experience. so riding with the best could help your skills if you are looking to improve, he coaches and helps you with so many aspects of riding that the regular guy would not even consider, its like buying a boosted sled ya a stock XP is fun but 350hp is a TONNE of fun.

I am booked Jan 4-9th and cant wait.

best part is he has 3 or 4 boosted Ms this year and many other speedwerx/Vohk mod sleds 800s and 1000s to ride so ya get to feel them all.

on snowest everyone who has gone says great things and many book again the following year.
good luck DO IT

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
zrrr makes a good point ITS NOT CHEAP, but I learn from hands on experience. so riding with the best could help your skills if you are looking to improve, he coaches and helps you with so many aspects of riding that the regular guy would not even consider, its like buying a boosted sled ya a stock XP is fun but 350hp is a TONNE of fun.

I am booked Jan 4-9th and cant wait. (I got a bit of a deal pm me for details there is one spot left) because I bought his M8T from last year and cant wait to rip on that thing

best part is he has 3 or 4 boosted Ms this year and many other speedwerx/Vohk mod sleds 800s and 1000s to ride so ya get to feel them all.

on snowest everyone who has gone says great things and many book again the following year.
good luck DO IT

I also agree! it pays to ride with the more experienced rider and he wants to improve your riding skills the sme time you are there! I am booked for Feb 6-8 with three randoms and couple buddies, it is going to be a blast! :d:beer:

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
if you are palnning on going down i would suggest bookin early. spok with chris earlier and he said that the trips are booking fast. i'm in for two days

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not yet some of my guys arn't sure if they want to go yet any one want to go with me

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to go, but i think it's a little to much money. It would be the trip of a lifetime to ride with Chris and yes your riding skils would be put to tests! Who knows maybe next year?:d:beer::cool:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be cool, but dollar for dollar.......Id rather go ride with Rene St Onge in Sicamous. Rene is a wicked rider, and an even better guy. Probably be alot cheaper to go ride there. I havent ridden with Rene since he started his lodge, but ive heard everything is top shelf. He's in a bunch of sled films.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be cool, but dollar for dollar.......Id rather go ride with Rene St Onge in Sicamous. Rene is a wicked rider, and an even better guy. Probably be alot cheaper to go ride there. I havent ridden with Rene since he started his lodge, but ive heard everything is top shelf. He's in a bunch of sled films.

Deaner,,, ya made it over! good to have ya, thanks for the sled:beer::d

M

mattmedic

Sure he is a great rider, but for the money$$$$$$, i would rather spend it on another trip, and ride with another (group) of talented riders and get many opinions on what works, rather than trying to ride like Chris B, and develope my own style and skills, that is half the fun "in my opinion" If your not crashing your not trying hard enough !!! maybe i should start to charge friends to ride with me . "for the shier humour i could give them"

Just my :twocents:worth.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of cash are we talking here...then I can give my true opinion...

M

mattmedic

click on link above
Just to ride with chris $300 usd per rider/per day

To stay at his pad $400/night per group

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
click on link above
Just to ride with chris $300 usd per rider/per day

To stay at his pad $400/night per group

It is $300 a day to ride with him. But it is $400 a day divided between 6 people so it works out to $67 a day per person (all meals included) so that adds up to $367US per day. Let me know how much a guided trip, hotel and meals add up to for you? I bet they are pretty close! My numbers are about $150 hotel, Guide $250 and meals @ $60= $460CND. exchange rate and all it is in the ball park of a comparable trip in canada

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you go int the spring its 200 a day instead of 300 and i thinkthe other stuff is discounted to

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok! i have to ask! why do you guys have such a big hard on for chris burrant? i read this chit in sw all the time!!! its chris this and chris that! sure the guy can ride, but so can a lot of other guys. just a question.

apex69

Reaction score
im with ifsm8 its not realy that pricey. I say pay the price for the trip of a life time. ifsm8 and i booked for the same trip. we will post pics when we get back for all the people that said it wasnt worth the money.:d:d:d:beer::beer:

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the window makers have sledded with rene over the passed 3 years.he came to my brothers 65 birthday on the weekend of the edm snowmobile show.we have stayed at his lodge and are well looked after.he has helped me take my riding to the next level and look forware to riding with him again this year.we are booked in revy nov 23 -27 and he is coming down to ride with us.

Top Bottom