Brute Force Fan

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've seen a bunch of guys parting out Brutes. This weekend, my fan started spinning VERY slowly, and I think it needs to be replaced. Anyone that's parting out, still have a fan assembly kicking around? I have an '05, but I think they were the same all the way through '09.

Thanks.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the circuit breaker for 12 plus volts running. If not it will run slow.

Also try to wd40 the fan vent line. Give it some lube.

Ur not going to Luke the price on a new one.

sent from my htc

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the circuit breaker for 12 plus volts running. If not it will run slow.

Also try to wd40 the fan vent line. Give it some lube.

Ur not going to Luke the price on a new one.

sent from my htc

Thanks, I'll certainly try that. I figured it would really be an ON or OFF kind of thing. Could only think of mechanical reasons for it to spin slowly. I'll check that breaker for sure. (I'm sure it could use some lube as well. I didn't realize there was a fan vent tube).

Just searching around, looking for answers, this morning, I found on mudinmyblood.net a replacement option that appears to be about $60 instead of the almost $300 for a new replacement. I'll consider that, but after I hear back from the guys parting them out. I'm also gonna do a rad relocate at the same time, if I'm already going to have to tear it apart.

Any recommendations for rad relocate kits? (I'd really like one that doesn't look like a demons face, or some other angsty teenager $hit)

Thanks again.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a after market sealed fan for the teryx from hunterworks in the states, higher cfm, works great and at 1/3 price of the kawi fan.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out high lifter. For some quads, they even have lower profile read relocation kits.

Top Bottom