brute force electricle issues

red eye racing

Reaction score
I read on nyrocs site that brutes having wierd electrical issues were due to a wiring connector by the gas tank bieng corroded. I have this problem and want to know if anyone has a fix? mine is so bad that there is a wire corroded right off. any help would be appreciated.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sodering gun, shrink tubing, and some time to take it all apart. I did mine awhile ago and thats about all they do at the dealer.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Yup a friend had tons of problems the whole fuse box just disintagrated the water does not drain away from and if you let it sit the connections turn to powder. In order for him to ride one weekend they soldered the fuses to the wires at the campsite as a temp fix I think he ended up redoing the whole fuse box.....so after every ride make sure it is dry under the seat get a bottle of canned air for computers and blow dry it out

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put dielectric grease in all of my electrical connections, including the fuses, I use my quad like a submarine and I have never had an issue with corroding connections so I think the dielectric grease is awesome and a cheap fix.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he is refering to the bus connector ploblem that the 05,06 and 07's have. Its a long fuse block tha all of the wires connect to. They are kind of a dumb system as if any moisture gets into them they rot apart. The fues pannel area is also bad. Like he said make sure die electric grease everything and make sure you clean it after the wet rides.

glenners

Reaction score
I put dielectric grease in all of my electrical connections, including the fuses, I use my quad like a submarine and I have never had an issue with corroding connections so I think the dielectric grease is awesome and a cheap fix.

Don't forget to put some of that dielectric grease on the starter solenoid terminations.... Mine went south after a couple of months. Even though it was covered under warranty, it was quite a hassle having to pull start it all weekend!

Top Bottom