BRP Looking for input on what you want out of a snowmobile

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put most of the things everyone has said, but I also added a wireless key/tether system similar to Teth-Air, Underhood compartment for goggles and gloves to dry off while sledding, and stock vent screens so snow doesn't pile up in front of the pipe,

LINZ

Reaction score
I realize all the manufacturers try to put out the best machines they can at a somewhat reasonable price while meeting all the necessary regulations and such. Anything that improves areas that people are having issues with is good. I do not know enough about sledding or my sled to know what could be changed in overall chassis/engine design. I certainly can't ride mine now to its full potential. I've only owned doos, so nothing to compare to. I can't afford thousands more dollars for aftermarket parts to see if they are better or not. I am slowly adding or changing things as I find necessary for my riding. However, there are a few things that I would really like see.

A "factory trained technician" that can actually fix something or solve a problem, cheaper replacement parts and a home version of the BUDS software.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crank bearing issue resolved and them all built like the freeride with a few extra hp for fun, otherwise that sled is badass, my buddy has an all white and I don't see an issue with it other than knowing premature bearing failure is more than a possibility, performance, handling, and looks are all top notch

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
This Canadian BRP price thing still just upsets me to the point where I would be tempted to do what I did three years ago. In 08, I priced out a 07 demo XRS with low km. from a local dealer. End price with warranty was over 12k. I went over the U.S. border and bought a demo XRS with low km. and another one identical with a few more miles, both for 13k. So just recently I was talking to the same dealer in the U.S. and I can buy a demo 2010 XP and a 09 low miles with warranty for 13k. for both. Also, why is the cost of the U.S warranty cheaper than Canada. Why can't we be treated the same as a foreign country.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This Canadian BRP price thing still just upsets me to the point where I would be tempted to do what I did three years ago. In 08, I priced out a 07 demo XRS with low km. from a local dealer. End price with warranty was over 12k. I went over the U.S. border and bought a demo XRS with low km. and another one identical with a few more miles, both for 13k. So just recently I was talking to the same dealer in the U.S. and I can buy a demo 2010 XP and a 09 low miles with warranty for 13k. for both. Also, why is the cost of the U.S warranty cheaper than Canada. Why can't we be treated the same as a foreign country.

The only Bombardier product I own is a 96 GTX Sea Doo, it has been flawless, and I will never sell it. But any dealings I have had with BRP sleds has been less than stellar. The thing that really irks me is that my taxes ( I'm from Alberta) have gone to support Quebec and Bombardier and they still have the highest price in Canada for sleds. I won't even go into the quality of the product because I will just get FLAMED. I have had much better luck with Cat and Polaris sleds, and find them much more fun to ride. JMHO flame away.

Trench

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP, build me a sled that is as flickable as a Cat, has a bulletproof engine pumpin 180 or so, coil-overs all around, a chassis that doesn't feel so awkward and clumsy, and a stronger bulkhead so that instead of bending that, it bends a arms. This reminds me of letters to Santa.

Top Bottom