BRP Looking for input on what you want out of a snowmobile

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so we want freeride package(running boards, good suspension./ nice bars controls/beefy chassis) with a boss seat. and a big bore or tubo 4 banger......uhhh I think we all will get what we want or close to it next year.....:d:d:d

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so 5000km comes around motor comes apart and maintain it. its time anyways.

bulkhead bending? my cousin hit a rock with his rev chassis and it took out his bulkhead while the a-arm stayed straight. its not just the xp chassis. ever seen a trailing arm sled hit a rock? once the rear mount bends its fawked.

stop hitting stuff

poor clutch alignment? 2008 was 3 years ago these issues have been addressed im on belt #1 with 2600km

the rear suspension isnt poor but there is room for improvement forsure

your such an angry person LOL

5000 kms and the motor comes apart, now thats funny. LOL. And maxwell, if you didn't want any changes, why'd you start the thread, just to tell us you already like it. It must be nice to have low expectations like you obviously have, probably makes life easier I'll bet.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pricing has gotten redonkulous. I'm glad people have pointed out the Canada rip off.

But, the other side of the coin is the fact that the OEM's no longer make a 250-340cc sled as far as I can tell. I'm talking about the original tundra/bravo/indy lite size sleds. Great learning sleds for kids and reasonably affordable too. The chinese have already started coming in with some knock offs, but their quality is dubious at best. I'd like to see the OEM's offer the small made in china sleds that are under $4000 (Polaris' small quads are made in china from what I heard...) At least there would be a dealer to kind of back it up or order parts from.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5000 kms and the motor comes apart, now thats funny. LOL. And maxwell, if you didn't want any changes, why'd you start the thread, just to tell us you already like it. It must be nice to have low expectations like you obviously have, probably makes life easier I'll bet.

are you slow or what?

i love my sled but there is room for improvement

and as the thread shows everyone has little things they would change.

the purpose of the thread was to actually fill out the form.

whats funny about a motor coming apart at 5000km? mines getting a shortblock at 5000km because being stranded in the backcountry isnt fun and 2 strokes dont last forever.

at 5000km your 2 stroke motor is in for a set of pistons and a serious crank inspection on any 2 stroke motor. whats funny about that funy guy?

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say keep makin them the way they are,,,not able to compete with the good ol m8 :d. Sorry had to throw a bit a brand bashin in there, thread was getti n a lil pissy

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE=Steve D;983664]Pricing has gotten redonkulous. I'm glad people have pointed out the Canada rip off.
But, the other side of the coin is the fact that the OEM's no longer make a 250-340cc sled as far as I can tell. I'm talking about the original tundra/bravo/indy lite size sleds. Great learning sleds for kids and reasonably affordable too. The chinese have already started coming in with some knock offs, but their quality is dubious at best. I'd like to see the OEM's offer the small made in china sleds that are under $4000 (Polaris' small quads are made in china from what I heard...) At least there would be a dealer to kind of back it up or order parts from.[/QUOTE]

would you rather pay a bit more for the odd sled you buy or do you want to pay for your entire family's health care?????

its NOT BRP or Cat riping us off,,,, business is different up north how many times do we need to go threw this,,,,,, it costs more to do business in canada period therefore MANY products cost more here,,, get it

or move to the USA and save a bit on a sled but you will have no job and pay for your own health care along with many other great american perks,, your call go for it......:rolleyes:

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you slow or what?

whats funny about a motor coming apart at 5000km? mines getting a shortblock at 5000km because being stranded in the backcountry isnt fun and 2 strokes dont last forever.

at 5000km your 2 stroke motor is in for a set of pistons and a serious crank inspection on any 2 stroke motor. whats funny about that funy guy?
Still with this 5000 km? Max you dork!! if you get that out of an engine, any brand, you type way more than you ride. We have a new LHF here???? Im thinkin so!!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like to see a 1200 4 tec summit with a 163 or a 1000 or 1200 etec

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree with the coil springs. any extra snow weight etc they seem to sag down. i think using a better transfering skid design with some good hpg coil overs ( dont care for air anymore ) would be excellent

Sounds like your describing the new Pro ride skid. My vote would be to put your BRP engine into the Polaris chassis, then you would have something. Also have to agree with stop hosing your Canadian customers, when our taxes go to support your company!!

Trench

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still with this 5000 km? Max you dork!! if you get that out of an engine, any brand, you type way more than you ride. We have a new LHF here???? Im thinkin so!!

so your saying you dont get 5000km on your motors?

i ride just as much as i type which is alot!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

gotta stand up for maxwell here, this dude rides and rides a lot. come ride with us one day, you will have a blast. we ride basically stock sleds and ride hard and technical day in and day out. thats what he means by loving his sled, they just work for us.

I regularly put VERY high kms on my sleds, but some great comments here. factory clickers, seat storage, reworked rear end, ROOM FOR A MUFF POT!!!!!, factory venting, belly pan oh and did I say ROOM FOR A MUFF POT lol

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you slow or what?

I got just shy of 10,000 kms on my XLT before a head bolt saw a wrench. I bought a cat because I hadn't heard of any motor problems with the 800, unlike the doo and poo 8's. (And I couldn't afford a turbo fourstroke...)

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you slow or what?

Well i certainly agree with you on one of your points. One of us is slow or what. LOL

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to see them built tougher. Be able to to take some hits or small trees. And get more mileage out of the motors. With my cat if the tree bends it's good traction, and i put new pistons in at 5000km just because preventitive maintinance is something i practice, and everything else looked great. I was actually amazed that in 5000km there was only 3tho ring end gap wear compared to new ones. I dont think that the xp is bad but definitely needs some refining. Especially seeeing how cat is bringing out a new mountain chasis next year.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thread title is " looking for input on what you want out of a snowmobile" maxwell. A lot of these guys are after reliability (what they "want" such as the title) so don't dis their opinions and call them names. You can not call a motor failure at 1000km "lack of maintenance" you ignorant sob. That's like your truck blowing an engine at 25,000km and just saying" OHH WELL!" Had you have titled it, "what cool options would you like to see BRP come out with" you could may have gotten what your after.

Some peoples kids...SHESH!

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pricing has gotten redonkulous. I'm glad people have pointed out the Canada rip off.
But, the other side of the coin is the fact that the OEM's no longer make a 250-340cc sled as far as I can tell. I'm talking about the original tundra/bravo/indy lite size sleds. Great learning sleds for kids and reasonably affordable too. The chinese have already started coming in with some knock offs, but their quality is dubious at best. I'd like to see the OEM's offer the small made in china sleds that are under $4000 (Polaris' small quads are made in china from what I heard...) At least there would be a dealer to kind of back it up or order parts from.

would you rather pay a bit more for the odd sled you buy or do you want to pay for your entire family's health care?????

its NOT BRP or Cat riping us off,,,, business is different up north how many times do we need to go threw this,,,,,, it costs more to do business in canada period therefore MANY products cost more here,,, get it

or move to the USA and save a bit on a sled but you will have no job and pay for your own health care along with many other great american perks,, your call go for it......:rolleyes:

Under all that bad grammar and spelling you do make a valid point and I won't argue it. That said, as a non-Albertan, I'm still entitled to my right to bitch about the cost of everything. :rant:

Top Bottom