Broken belt drive

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those little 'thank' and 'recommend' butons are neat. Why don't we have some opposite ones like 'dislike' or 'thumbs down'. .... and each time you got one, you had to give back one of your gold stars?

I'll donate $1.85 for the cause.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to me like every problem thread for pro rmks arer started by skidoo guys. A freind of a freinds pro did this or i seen on snowest that a pro did that lol none with solid evidence. all hot and bothered skidoo guys worried the pro will be the best selling mountain sled the third year in a row. Well you better be worried lol

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All you guys have inferiority complexes. It's really showing.

Something goes wrong and you guys whine. LMAO!

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay Cuso we have met before Kinda thought you were a good guybut,after reeding this post all that comes to mind is WTF. This hole forum is going to ch!t because of this kinda stuff. Posts turn to ch!t, brand bashing, like wtf is going on in your world that causes you to say this ch!t and you dont own a pro to start with. I work on both skidoo and polaris and they all got probs, but some of the ch!t you post is just angry. As a friend im letting you know your starting to look like a ass on the site. If you dont like the pros or polaris dont look at the posts. hopefully the XM comes out soon so you have something else to do.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chrisco,

I ask you this .
Where did I say anything bad on this thread before you guys jumped all over me.

Look back on this thread and see who is an asshat. GO READ! and post it on here.

Just because I don't wear your colours, doesn't mean I can't post on here.

You won't find it.

I like a little bantering, jokin... Why all of a sudden if a doo rider (heaven forbid) posts in the polaris section, you guys get all uptight?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chrisco,

I ask you this .
Where did I say anything bad on this thread before you guys jumped all over me.

Look back on this thread and see who is an asshat. GO READ! and post it on here.

Just because I don't wear your colours, doesn't mean I can't post on here.

You won't find it.

I like a little bantering, jokin... Why all of a sudden if a doo rider (heaven forbid) posts in the polaris section, you guys get all uptight?

This has happened to me. My own fault I suppose but I could post something positive about another brand and someone's down my throat. It's.....different. Now I just sit back on my phone and read lmao.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read on Snowest that guys are replacing the faulty pistons on the brand new pro ride sleds with Kelsey's.
Thoughts?

This is just trolling. This thread has nothing to do with faulty pistons, but you decided to throw this in for reactions. And you got it. Granted stuff you have to say in general section of S&M are useful, but generally in this forum you are trolling for reactions out of the Polaris guys. This whole thread was started by a Doo guy trolling. I think you just got the brunt of everyone's frustrations about the Doo trolling in general. I come in here looking for information on the sled I ACTUALLY RIDE.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is just trolling. This thread has nothing to do with faulty pistons, but you decided to throw this in for reactions. And you got it. Granted stuff you have to say in general section of S&M are useful, but generally in this forum you are trolling for reactions out of the Polaris guys. This whole thread was started by a Doo guy trolling. I think you just got the brunt of everyone's frustrations about the Doo trolling in general. I come in here looking for information on the sled I ACTUALLY RIDE.

WTf. No. It's a pro rmk issue thread and e brought up another item. To spark a good conversation as to whether this was needed or not. If another forum was having piston issues with my XM I would want to know about it if I wasn't a member.

Last edited:

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is snowest as skidoo biased as snowandmud? seems like all the pro issues come from over there with no pictures and fishy stories just like the idiot that tried saying he broke his driveshaft on here and then just vanished from the site after getting huge media on his story? pretty sure if it was a skidoo everyone was beaking moderators would shut the thread down immediatly. just my opinion. everyone should quit story telling and just let the 13 pros get on the snow first.
Yes I will admit that this story came from blowest but this one came with pictures.........and every 'story' of the 13 pros breaking thus far have been on the snow. funny how when the 'stories' or as I like to call them 'real world problems that come about because you bought a machine that broke because you used it like it was supposed to be used' come out, they are merely fabrications that couldn't possibly be truthful. give me a break!

Looks like the Poo clan has a short memory.
Remember when Doo came out with the XP and everyone was talking pinecones and broken drive shafts? I am sure a good number of polaris guys jumped on that.
Kinda makes you wonder how they could get all those sleds out by august.... so quickly... food for thought. Hope they didn't take shortcuts and have half of the polaris owners sitting in line to get parts changed.

I remember the pinecone threads.......lmao......funny stuff

I guess I find it funny how sensitive the polaris crowd is.......for 2 years we've heard how great the 'pro' chassis is and how it dominates all others........the messiah of sleds if you will.........lmao. But when you look at the real world and come out of fantasy land, what you have is just as many issues as all the other brands out there.....if not more. Just because polaris owners make the most noise about how dominant their ride is doesn't necessarily make it so.

this goes back so many years now I'm not entirely sure it will ever get solved......polaris has been arctic cats and skidoos bitch for so long I can imagine it is rather frustrating for the poo loyal.........wanting so badly to be on top. I get it........I understand your pain. its rather comical actually.......cat and doo riders just take whats thrown out and we deal with it......poo riders take it as an personal insult and get all butthurt to the point of suicide........let me just throw this out there.......suicide is an option for you polaris pro koolaid drinkers

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTf. No. It's a pro rmk issue thread and e brought up another item. To spark a good conversation as to whether this was needed or not.

It's a thread about the belt drive. Sure the broken drive shaft could certainly fall into that category, but this isn't an issue thread in general. For the most part this thread was on topic until he posted about 'faulty pistons'.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I will admit that this story came from blowest but this one came with pictures.........and every 'story' of the 13 pros breaking thus far have been on the snow. funny how when the 'stories' or as I like to call them 'real world problems that come about because you bought a machine that broke because you used it like it was supposed to be used' come out, they are merely fabrications that couldn't possibly be truthful. give me a break!

I remember the pinecone threads.......lmao......funny stuff

I guess I find it funny how sensitive the polaris crowd is.......for 2 years we've heard how great the 'pro' chassis is and how it dominates all others........the messiah of sleds if you will.........lmao. But when you look at the real world and come out of fantasy land, what you have is just as many issues as all the other brands out there.....if not more. Just because polaris owners make the most noise about how dominant their ride is doesn't necessarily make it so.

this goes back so many years now I'm not entirely sure it will ever get solved......polaris has been arctic cats and skidoos bitch for so long I can imagine it is rather frustrating for the poo loyal.........wanting so badly to be on top. I get it........I understand your pain. its rather comical actually.......cat and doo riders just take whats thrown out and we deal with it......poo riders take it as an personal insult and get all butthurt to the point of suicide........let me just throw this out there.......suicide is an option for you polaris pro koolaid drinkers
Pretty sure you are the idiot who goes and posts problems that you stole from another thread that somebody else started just so you could make your skidoo loving ass feel better and rip on Polaris buddy. Haha but you try to sound mature and superior at the same time lol hahahahaha

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could only imagine if I started a thread on an xm I don't own about a problem someone else had. You think us pro guys get sensitive and gang up on people haha that would start the snow and mud apocalypse.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for the drive belt ???? I don't beleive that this is anything other than a bunch of crap that someone couldn't wait to say i told you so. I take my hat of to Polaris for moving ahead rather than sitting and following.
This may have happened and if it did could be a one off and not a big deal. Where is the owner of the sled in all of this??
This is how things move ahead. I have watched over the last three or four years peeps yapping about belt drives and that they would never work. There are some of us out there that have been using them and to great success and would never go back to a chain.
No different than the glued together Polaris was going to fall apart. Seems to be working quite well but that is old news so lets jump on the new item at hand.
Way to go CMX and C3:beerchug:
Polaris thumbs up for you for putting it into a production sled and watch as others follow.
No different than the electronic reverse a few years back. Great idea and now all have it.

My two cents.

Last edited:

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.......suicide is an option for you polaris pro koolaid drinkers[/QUOTE]

LOL..... some people's children ... Shouldn't have to off ourselves quite yet.
Cause when the belt breaks (by your opinion) the sled will do it for us !

tbb.jpg

Last edited:

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a proclimb 800.... Ok... A PROCLIMB 800.... This thread is on page 10 and you guys have only broke one belt that no ones claimed owning yet.... I'd say you're all doing pretty good!! I believe we own the record for most problems, thank you. So it could be a hell of a lot worse!! I think on page 3 of the proclimb problem thread we've had reports of a dozen motors gone already. Couple ribs off the belt missing?? I'd take that any day lol.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This whole thread is pretty much pointless now but who cares what you ride, If someone who ride a doo knows or heard or a problem with a poo don t get all defensive just take it into note. But hey at least the thread is entertaining haha

Hammer800

Reaction score
We use synchronous belts everyday on our oilfield equipment. I have seen some break and some strip the cogs off. Usually there is a root cause when this happens. Exceeding hp/torque rating of the belt or excessive shock loading. We use different rated belts for different applications to minimize these types of failures. Each manufacturer has their own special composition to offer a better belt than their competitor. If these belts have an issue I am sure all of these things will be reevaluated and a better belt will be recommended to move forward. Time will fine tune the issue if there is one.

Top Bottom