break in

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the oil injection on the etec is computer controled .so when it is in the break in mode it adjust"s the oil delivery to give more oil .
if you add extra oil to your tank you will foul your sparkplugs . from what my dealer is telling me new plugs are about $20.00 ea and most riders don"t carry extras.

2012 comes with spare set in tool kit aleast mine did.

eClKaNdY

Reaction score
my dealer told me the computer in break in mode just dump gas in oil like crazy...so it run really rich and loosing power but it will not burn the engine ... and they told me the break in is calculated on the quantity of gas used...after 40 liter break in supposed to be break in... so theres no point to go WOT it will probably produced less power then if u just go 3/4 throttle

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
why would you not carry spare plugs?? most sleds have a spot for spare plugs under the hood,(chit even my old 1990 indy has a spot for spares) and mine came with spare plugs......no brainer to carry spare plugs in a 2 stroke, and after running my first 2 tanks with a splash of oil in the tank i had no issues at all.....jmo, a little extra oil for the first tank or too wont hurt. becides that i ran it for break in just like i run it now.....avoid long full out throttle when ever possible and run it like you stole it

the oil injection on the etec is computer controled .so when it is in the break in mode it adjust"s the oil delivery to give more oil .
if you add extra oil to your tank you will foul your sparkplugs . from what my dealer is telling me new plugs are about $20.00 ea and most riders don"t carry extras.

Clay911

Reaction score
After the first 80 liters the timing resumes to normal and after another 40 more the oil pump leans out. So 120 liters total the sled is broke in. And since most guys don't fill up dead empty it will take 4-5 tanks of fuel. So after 5 tanks your ready to rip.

Top Bottom