Boulder Mountain Oct.25/08

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you like my outfit lol. :beer:

Was a great day out there Dave thanks again.Sweet riding for oct. 25

nice to see you took it as a joke (obviously it was) :)
your buddy blew a gasket on me for some reason...anyways

dont matta whay ur wearing as long as your having fun, right?

good luck w the new sled and have a great year riding :beer:

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dude..grow up? really?.... it was a JOKE calm the F down already :mad:
holy......welcome to Snowest hey?

this is a great site for things just like you posted, so thank you for the pics!
they are much appreciated
as you can see, you buddy took it as a joke, so you should too

take your rant elsewhere pal

I guess you can't take a joke either !!!!

Peace

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should have a poll. How many people wore a Heli Hansen 1 piece their first time out.
nomex Parka and Bibs for me (and a modular helmet).....fricken snow magnet, soaked at the end of the day(woulda been ok if I didn't keep falling off the machine)...

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nomex Parka and Bibs for me (and a modular helmet).....fricken snow magnet, soaked at the end of the day(woulda been ok if I didn't keep falling off the machine)...

My first time out I wore the heli's and a Bell open face stock car racing helmet.I went by myself and broke down about 20 miles in at the pipeline in Corbin.I walked for around four hours sweating till soaking wet.A couple of people came by after a while and took me back to my machine and towed me out.I caught every peice of snow and ice that track threw up.After that trip I bought a new machine and all the proper riding gear.

Cheers,
Dave

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some great ridding in crowsnest pass.
Do you still ride there ?

Hi there Bigbragg, I go down to the Crowsnest 5 or 6 times every season.Usually go there in Feb. - April when there is lots of snow.
I will probaly be riding down there more this year unless the price of diesel comes down.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you guys buying trail passes when you sled down in crowsnest pass...its not the law but it is the right thing to do... the crosno riders do a great job of keeping the area in great shape.....

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you guys buying trail passes when you sled down in crowsnest pass...its not the law but it is the right thing to do... the crosno riders do a great job of keeping the area in great shape.....

Of coarse I do.I support all the places I sled at.If it wasn't for the clubs that maintain and fight to keep our riding areas open I don't know what I would do. So a big cheers to the clubs and everybody please support them with your trail pass and maybe some volunteer work.
I have been up a few of our riding areas over the summer in B.C. and Alberta and I can not believe how much trash I have hauled out.Things like snowflaps,old belts,broken pieces of hoods and one of the things that pees me off the most cigarette butts.They are small enough you would think they could at least haul them out.
So to answer your question I support all the places I ride more than just financially.

Cheers
Dave

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some dude on snowest said that it was raining and melting up top
his buddy had a bad wreck and busted up a bunch a crap..needed a chpeer out
didnt say what mountain though, boulder or frisby

temps are suppose to be going down and rain/snow in down
hopefully it starts to puke up top

sledder325

Reaction score
looks like fresh snow on mountains and its gonna be snowing up high most of the week yee ha live to ride ride to live sledding is the best totally addicted

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
any body ride revy this past weekend nov 1st and if so how was it

From snowwest site. I wasnt there.

just got back from revy. snow is melting away at cabin. lots of rocks and tree stumps. waiting to hear if chopper got buddies sled off mountain.......need i say more.

rsw84

Reaction score
we were up on boulder friday and it was def sketchy and pooring rain .....
had an awsome time but my buddies 09 xp chit the bed in the clutching department. would like to give a big shout out to greg at rough country who was a big help in getting us back on the trail " thanks greg beautiful shop you got man" .......................................................................................... i know its early and all that bull chit but yada yada yada bla bla bla. we dont care we love to ride and would gladly take the days off work to travel ten hours to anywhere for a chitty ride. like someone posted earlier on another thread " a chitty day on the hill beats the chit outta great day at work"

cant wait to ride some real snow and if there is any way we can help out local clubs we are more than willing to donate whatever they need. we love to come to ride and we dont want to loose anymore than we already have.

Last edited by a moderator:

rsw84

Reaction score
the main bushing on the outside shiv of the primary was super tight. not to say that if he didnt break it in a little easier maybe that bushing would have worn a little bit different. greg at rough country took some fine emery and hand bombed the bushing out. we still havent found out brp's measurements or tolerances for the clearance on that bushing but quite frankly i dont care lol all i told my buddy was put some polaris clutching on that bitch and ride it lol:d

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK Guys on Thursday Nov.06 we rode on Boulder.We were the first ones up that morning.Not enough snow to do any safe climbing but there was enough to have a fun ride.Ride down at the end of the day sucked there was lots of mud on trail but not many riders on mountain.It was nice to put faces to some of the names of people met on this site along with snowest.Hirum real nice riding with you.We all said after that you are a real good rider and would ride with you anytime.Hope you had good luck with new job.We also meet some guys from Drumheller.One of them had a ski and a arm fold under his sled on the way down the trail.It was a real social day instead of riding due to the conditions.Not enough snow and no visability.

On Friday we rode Frisby.There was a little more snow here but it was socked in most of the day.I think there was about 15 or so people up there.We hooked up with Cory and Jeff Till Cory's turbo RX1ton had a coolant leak issue that ended his day.We didn't do that much riding because you couldn't see.We did manage to have a nice fire at the cabin.We did some racing on the slushy lake be fore leaving and I found out my sleds braking ability is greatly reduced on slushy ice but trees do help for stopping.My brand new white hood now has green scratches on it.We heard later that night that boulder was packed with trucks parked all the way up.As with the day before not enough snow and no visability.

On Sunday we decided we would head back to Golden and see what Quartz looked like.There was snow right down to the parking lot.After getting to the cabin we went to the right up to the alpine and after seeing some high marks on a hill Matt gave her a pull with no problems so I gave her a pull myself,it was not a good idea as part way up I hit a rock which sent me flying but I recovered only to climb another 50 feet into an other rock were I ended up putting her on her side.Got lucky as she didn't start rolling to the bottom.Many thanks to Matt and Quinten for walking up to help me out what could of been a bad situation.

So after this weekend I think I'll wait a couple of weeks and go on a trip back to Revy on the 21st of Nov. weekend.Anybody else want to ride this weekend? PM me if you are interested.If anything it was a nice weekend to meet fellow sledders, break in your sled or for a few unfortunate riders breaking your sled.In my opinion give her a week or to before you go.

Cheers
Dave

Top Bottom