Boulder Mountain Oct.25/08

Crazy B

Reaction score
Oct 25th WOW Thanks for the nice pics
Looking to come out and ride earlier this year (usually go in April for us)
When does the snow get stupid deep? Early Dec?

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So there is me and a couple of buddies that want to come up and 1 guy knows the area real good. So is there still enough snow up there to make it worth the drive?

Veedy

Reaction score
Website
www.farwestfilms.com
Are you not allowed to quad on boulder?? what is the reason for that??

No quadding on boulder or any Alpine areas for that matter. You can face up to a $100,000 fine and all your equipment impounded. The reason they shut it down, is because Alpine areas are very sensitive and take so long to grow back because of the shortened growth season ( snow stays on the top a LOT longer than the valley below. ) Also boulder is prime grizzly habitat and it's probably in your best interest not to be there. I went hiking up there and brought my " persuader " ( defender shotgun ) and even looking at the bear sign up there made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
The farthest you can go on a quad is to the cabin, and that is ONLY on a work party organized by the Revelstoke snowmobile club on certain dates. Otherwise, no motor vehicle activity other than over the snow is allowed.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gee veedy,scared the crap out of me now, just the thought of riding in marginal snow,and i guy decides to jump what appears to be a small jump and here it's a grizz settled in for the big sleep.
true story years ago at silent pass, came across a vent hole for a sleeping furry guy, and a couple guys thought it would be neat to dig down to him, and have a boo, take a picture. it was vetoed.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No quadding on boulder or any Alpine areas for that matter. You can face up to a $100,000 fine and all your equipment impounded. The reason they shut it down, is because Alpine areas are very sensitive and take so long to grow back because of the shortened growth season ( snow stays on the top a LOT longer than the valley below. ) Also boulder is prime grizzly habitat and it's probably in your best interest not to be there. I went hiking up there and brought my " persuader " ( defender shotgun ) and even looking at the bear sign up there made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
The farthest you can go on a quad is to the cabin, and that is ONLY on a work party organized by the Revelstoke snowmobile club on certain dates. Otherwise, no motor vehicle activity other than over the snow is allowed.
thanks for the info I didn't know that about that area, well hope people respect those rules so we don't loose that area.

tstagg

Reaction score
Great pics.. We are planing a trip there around the 20th of November. Should be lots of snow then.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
over 1660 people viewed this thread in less than 5 days. This site is awsome.
Keep up the good work.
Cheers,
Dave

Heres a few more pics from Oct.25

Attachments

• first trip boulder oct.25-08 024.jpg
    first trip boulder oct.25-08 024.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 53
  • first trip boulder oct.25-08 025.jpg
    first trip boulder oct.25-08 025.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 58
  • first trip boulder oct.25-08 045.jpg
    first trip boulder oct.25-08 045.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 47
  • first trip boulder oct.25-08 048.jpg
    first trip boulder oct.25-08 048.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 51

switchbackfst

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics man...envy you except for the two kitty cats in the picture!!! lol kidding ......here kitty kitty lol

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love the one piece Heli suit and the modular lid!

Hey there anu$750 I didn't think this was a fashion site.This post was put up to let people know conditions out there.
For your information he just bought that machine after being a trail rider in your great province.Not everybody can afford to buy a new sled and all the newest gear all at once.Maybe you could help him out with some well needed cash or maybe a donation of some new gear that would meet your high standards. So before the chit flinging starts maybe you should look at the pics for what they are, pictures to let you know the conditions out there.Save your fashion bashing for your self and your girlfriends.I bet you have nice coordinated clothing.Just my opinion grow up.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there anu$750 I didn't think this was a fashion site.This post was put up to let people know conditions out there.
For your information he just bought that machine after being a trail rider in your great province.Not everybody can afford to buy a new sled and all the newest gear all at once.Maybe you could help him out with some well needed cash or maybe a donation of some new gear that would meet your high standards. So before the chit flinging starts maybe you should look at the pics for what they are, pictures to let you know the conditions out there.Save your fashion bashing for your self and your girlfriends.I bet you have nice coordinated clothing.Just my opinion grow up.

Cheers,
Dave

dude..grow up? really?.... it was a JOKE calm the F down already :mad:
holy......welcome to Snowest hey?

this is a great site for things just like you posted, so thank you for the pics!
they are much appreciated
as you can see, you buddy took it as a joke, so you should too

take your rant elsewhere pal

Top Bottom