bondocker glitch

millmonkey84

Reaction score
HI all I am in need of some help with my sled. I have a 2009 m 1000 cat and I just put a boondocker on it. when I went to test fire the sled after install it fired and died right away. It also now does this with it set back to stock as well. I am thinking it shorted my ecu some how? any advice would be welcome.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's more likely there's a problem at the wiring connectors at the injectors. Inspect them carefully. You'll probably find a pin partially pulled out.

craptabulous

Reaction score
I know some one that pulled half his quad apart because it wouldnt start just to find out he was out of gas . Some times i have to give my m1000 a push on the accelerator to fire , shouldnt have to but i do and it starts .

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI all I am in need of some help with my sled. I have a 2009 m 1000 cat and I just put a boondocker on it. when I went to test fire the sled after install it fired and died right away. It also now does this with it set back to stock as well. I am thinking it shorted my ecu some how? any advice would be welcome.

Re check your grounds tees sleds were known to have bad grounds that could cause some weird symptoms.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Unlikely that it shorted the ECU unless you did something during the install. You need a good ground on the BD box itself, even to run it off the 9V battery. When you say it starts and then dies, like right away, or does it run for 5-10 secs and then die (or even a little longer)? And when you say set back to stock, is the BD box completely removed or just put back to stock settings? Sounds like something maybe got disconnected during the installation. Double check all electrical etc.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
You also have to go to boondockers sight and check out the installation instructions, they have it set up so the wiring fits different years and you have to change the position of the wiring in the injector plugs. I had to switch the wires to make my 09 work and it did the same thing, good luck.

millmonkey84

Reaction score
thanks for all the advice. what had happened was one of my buddies stopped in to borrow a clutch tool for his sled and he looked at mine while it was apart. he noticed that the nuts on my throttle cable where lose and he tightened them thinking that I hadn't noticed it and that he was helping me out. long story short he inadvertently set my idle for about 4000 rpm. it is fixed now and running fine. and if that bone head touches my sled again im going to pull the pistons out of his and put I back in the shed with just empty jugs. that should learn him. lol

Top Bottom