boiling fuel

markiedog

Reaction score
My 08 800 sportsman was having issues with pressure in the gas tank .I found the vent line to be plugged got that fixed but know the fuel is boiling after a period of riding and the engine is running rough and stalling. what should i be looking at?:confused:

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 06 got hot and melted the plastic i heard of wraping the the pipe with a type of muffler tape

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
My 08 800 sportsman was having issues with pressure in the gas tank .I found the vent line to be plugged got that fixed but know the fuel is boiling after a period of riding and the engine is running rough and stalling. what should i be looking at?:confused:

Remove panels, use heat tape on the fuel tank, get as much ventilation as you can.

markiedog

Reaction score
used 2" header wrap for the exhaust and foil heat reflective tape that I picked up from Kevin at Rapid Revolutions. Worked like a charm,no more boiling fuel or hot right leg.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never had boiling fuel but a hot right leg......you bet! I am pretty sure they had the melting plastic fixed on the 08's but I do know they had trouble with it on eairler years. But as hot as your leg gets im suprised the whole right side isnt melted to the ground!:eek:

Polaris500Sportsman

Reaction score
i've had my plastic melt twice on my 06' along with the right hand side panel. the first time Polaris fixed it but the second time they aren't gonna do anything. So im on the search for cheap rear fenders. I have also had it where in the summer when riding after so long it will want to quit and not start till it cools down, anybody have any idea what that may be???? TPS, Throttle cable postion????

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've had my plastic melt twice on my 06' along with the right hand side panel. the first time Polaris fixed it but the second time they aren't gonna do anything. So im on the search for cheap rear fenders. I have also had it where in the summer when riding after so long it will want to quit and not start till it cools down, anybody have any idea what that may be???? TPS, Throttle cable postion????

probably plugged fuel tank vent line.

Top Bottom