bogging pro rmk

polarsledhead

Reaction score
after the snow fall me and my dad went sledding on a hill just up the road from our home. after doing a couple pulls up the hill. my dads pro starting to bog. has anyone else encountered this problem.

bbecker17

Reaction score
where is the bog? is it right off the bottom just as he begins to drive away? is it mid range as if coming up to a drift and getting on if? or is it while wide open and then it fallin on its face?

i've probably had mine bog midrange 5 times since i had it but usually just gotta brush snow off the intake and its good to go again.

also if your near a dealership it wouldnt hurt to take it in and get them to recalibrate the TPS, i took mine in and they said it was out of cal,

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres been a few. From what I recall different injectors and a TPS adjustment is the fix. At least it was for my buddies.

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
I would take it to your dealer for sure and have him look at the tps senor. It is right beside the clutch. They tend to have a bad connection and need dialectic grease in between the connection, and that usually clears it up. Along with the ECU senor as well. When hooked up to the computer.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is probably just the powder snow is will do that to almost all sleds so just let it warm up for a while and it shiould be fine. Same thing happened to me.

the450kid

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen this weekend. Make sure your powervalves are clean and get the tps checked as well. The Injectors could be the culprit as well, But i would do the simple stuff before the Big $$$ items.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2012 800 bogs off of idle once in a while, air intake is clean and free of snow so it's an EFI issue. Anyone have the TPS adjustment procedure from the shop manual? I want to try it first before taking it to the dealer. Really don't trust the service manager there even if it is under warranty. He could be a salesman with all the BS he throws around. :D

Abates

Reaction score
2011 rmk pro 800 started bogging, it was running awesome but got stuck climbing up a hill, shut it off and rolled it over once to get if pointed down the hill and 20 mins later I was going through some powder on level ground and out of no where bawwww, nose dived and almost flew over the bars, checked the gauge, no DET just check engine light, it idles fine but when I tried to go again it would rev up till the clutch engaged then bogged out again but would idle if I let off the throttle, got it out onto the trail after serious frustration and cussin and once I was on the trail j had to constantly tap the throttle to get revs up then if would run like normal for about half a mile then same thing, check engine would come on for Abit and shut off did Abit then come on again, any ideas guys just bouhg it from the dealer put 200 miles on her with out an issue, never fouled a plug, premium fuel and tried both resistors clutch weights are correct

GRD

Reaction score
2011 rmk pro 800 started bogging, it was running awesome but got stuck climbing up a hill, shut it off and rolled it over once to get if pointed down the hill and 20 mins later I was going through some powder on level ground and out of no where bawwww, nose dived and almost flew over the bars, checked the gauge, no DET just check engine light, it idles fine but when I tried to go again it would rev up till the clutch engaged then bogged out again but would idle if I let off the throttle, got it out onto the trail after serious frustration and cussin and once I was on the trail j had to constantly tap the throttle to get revs up then if would run like normal for about half a mile then same thing, check engine would come on for Abit and shut off did Abit then come on again, any ideas guys just bouhg it from the dealer put 200 miles on her with out an issue, never fouled a plug, premium fuel and tried both resistors clutch weights are correct

my dragon did that when I took out the top end.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 11 pro and on deep days It always throws code 51-10. Which I believe is a tps code. When I have the code show up Theres always water drops in my tps connector I Unplug the connector and let it air dry over night runs good after. I tried dielectric grease and it never fixed the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull the plugs and check it out in the cyls. Had a friends go down last season he had some metal on the electrode of the plugs. I would also compression test it as well if there is nothing obvious. Tps was also a known issue on these sleds but I would just confirm the top end is alright for some piece of mind.

Abates

Reaction score
Inever checked the reeds, comp is 120 both cylinders, it's sitting in a warm shop now I'll check the throttle when I get home (sat) and hooking it up to the code reader before j get to horny with a wrench if it's still f**ckey after the code is cleared I'll go to work , super Ming sled it was previously opened by a 52 year old and he just putted around god farm in the powder so I can't imagined it's nothing major, hopefully was on the electrical somewhere, fingers crossed! I'll keep you guys posted

Top Bottom