bobcat snow clearing

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone need some snow cleared i need some extra cash just message me ... i am in county of strathcona so i would prefer to stay within 30 min or so

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you charge? The contractors the city of st.albert hires haven't the slightest clue how to remove snow properly....

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cash deal I am thinking 75/hr. and depending how far I have to drive there will be 50 charge. I am not hauling the snow away but must need a place to pile it.

Sent from my iPhone

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and if there is more then 4 hrs of work price could go down,,,, i also know that the guys that are doing snow removal are charging 100/hr with a min of 3 hrs

Last edited:

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I charge $100/hour no min so your in the ballpark depends what kind of bobcat you have

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why charge less than $100? Undercutting the guys trying to make a living??

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes but for that 100/hr you get liability insurance and wcb, which is what i charge (roughly). good piece of mind for 25/hr extra

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I charge 100 and would not go less I would stay in bed for less. I have done snow for st albert since 07 and since everybody under cut I stop doing there contract last two yrs. Plus I cant keep up with what I have, I agree depends on size and condition of machine.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I not worried about under cutting last year this company hired a cheaper company to do a bunch of landscaping and they didn't have a clue how to run a bobcat and me with over 10000 hrs on one i got the job to finish the mess they started HAHAHA :cool:

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who says i dont have insurance or wcb,,,,

i apologize, just when people say for cash or extra cash it usually for beer money, thus no wcb and insurance (proper wcb and insurance for mobile equpment operation). i have picked up a few customers this year just cus the guys doing it for beer money couldnt provide the level of service i provide.

and i know there are a lot of driveways that need to be plowed in your area, i have turned down many as its outside my profit area

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I not worried about under cutting last year this company hired a cheaper company to do a bunch of landscaping and they didn't have a clue how to run a bobcat and me with over 10000 hrs on one i got the job to finish the mess they started HAHAHA :cool:

Have seen this exact senario far to many times.....almost anyone can drive a skid steer, but operating it properly it takes practice....

Boots if your a good operator and have the appropriate coverage, charge the going rate, makes it harder for the next guy after you go back to your day job.
Be the same in your given trade, you wouldnt want a guy popping in and under cutting in your trade.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am the same in my given trade and have been under cut and still get the job thanks iron horse racing and this is a cash rate which is always better then the regular rate...i dont drink beer so this isnt for beer money... this is more for sledding money hehe so i can do more then 2 trips this year

Top Bottom