Blue River info update

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
Due to the rain storms 2 weeks ago the ICE BRIDGE over the North Blue River washed out. Please use the parking lot located just off Blue berry road ( Dump road) about 2 km north of town.

Riding the hwy or ditch is illegal so please try and use this parking lot.

Coulies and Peddie are CLOSED to snowmobiles under LEGISLATED WILDLIFE CLOSURE

MOE is doing monetary fights over the areas. Yesterday being the latest. There has been some NON COMPLIANCE in areas. Please respect the boundary's as continued infractions could result in loss of these areas. There is a lot more signs and hopefully more clear as to where the boundries are in Groundhog but the task is daunting and will take time to properly sign everything.

North Blue, Ground Hog and Salmon Lake trails are all groomed, Still Lots of great snow to ride in these areas.

Thank You
Blue River Powder Packers

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so salmon is open for sure??? the map is a bit unclear to those of us that don't ride your area much. hope is good to go because that was always a nice place.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so salmon is open for sure??? the map is a bit unclear to those of us that don't ride your area much. hope is good to go because that was always a nice place.

Yep Salmon is open and only has a small area that borders the Caribou Closure......There is some closure along the access route up the Finn Rd.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is any of this area a stewartship management agreement or can all ride.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is any of this area a stewartship management agreement or can all ride.

It is open for all riders ..........We have someone at the bottom giving info out on the busy days on the Caribou Closures, Plus There is a map now at the trailhead....

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how did you get maps?? i am still fighting to get them here, but it may be due to the fact that our closures are not in any of my management areas that i don't get maps, not sure but may have to ask.

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how did you get maps?? i am still fighting to get them here, but it may be due to the fact that our closures are not in any of my management areas that i don't get maps, not sure but may have to ask.

I believe they asked forestry for them......might be wrong though...just know we got them from government.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe they asked forestry for them......might be wrong though...just know we got them from government.

so im putting my order in now for fresh snow for our easter ride....make sure
u do the snow dance Lexy...............:d:d:d

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com

We used the paper maps and put them on plywood with lexan over top but finally we got a 4x8 metel sign from moe for ground hog and have just requested the same for all our sma areas.

Bill

Last edited:
Top Bottom