Bloody Phone Companys

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
So I needed a new phone and decided to go with Bell mobility for a few reasons. I liked thier rate plans for one, coverage good and I also needed an aircard and the turbo stick is perfect.
Now the problem I'm having is that every morning at 2:45 I'am getting this text message on my phone saying that there was a problem renewing my subscrition to "Tone Club" WTF is that ! It won't let me replie to it, just says "message failed". so this goes on for a few mornings and I finally call into the help geeks. I explain my problem to them about the annoying texts I'm getting every morning. They tell me I need to cancel my sub to this ring tone club I tell them that I was never a member of thier gay little ring tone club in the first place. So after being on hold for some time they get back to me and say "we're sorry but there seems to be a problem with the system and the only three options you have are to a) Turn your phone off at night b) disable your texting abilities or c) change your phone number :rant: . I'm on call 24/7, its my business number and I use the text option with my wife. None of these options seem like any kind of a solution.
At first I thought it might of been my bad attitude that sparked this responce so I waited a day or two and called back to another geek, told HIM my story and pretty much got the same responce.
I have actually went ahead and subscribed to this club and got my 3 gay ring tones for $8 and went ahead and canceled my sub as described thinking that might restore my number in the system but guess what I got woke up this morn at 2:45 not only by a text but by one of the gay ring tones I downloaded :mad: Has anyone else ever had this problem .Can anyone help me out here??

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try texting back "stop"..That's how I got Tim Hortons to quit.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Tell them to shove it. Sure Telus has issues as we all know, but I've never had any problems with customer sevice when needed. Can you call forward your # to your home phone at night? That's what I do with mine. No text messages come that way. Unforward in the morn when you get up then the text mess will go to the phone. I'm 24/7 in the patch also :beer:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Problem is they want $400 first before letting me shove the phone up someones arze :rant: Its a contract thing. Secondly I work away from home, I have no other phone to forward it to while I'm away. :mad: Thanks for your relply though. Bell tells me it has nothing to do with them that it is this TONE CLUB thats the culpret but I can not find a contact number anywhere for them.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if that is the same one worth a try. Ill let you click the contact us

W

woodies

can you forward it darcy? might be worth a shot, maybe a different plan will work?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
No it just says "send failed" the number given is 4667

To me it sounds like you got a "Recycled" number and the clown who had it before you had subscribed to that feature. I'd say you have one of 2 options. DEMAND a NEW number, or like everyone else said, take the phone back, and shove it sideways where the sun down shine on whomever the rep is. Texts have to go to the E164 alias (Phone number) so if you get a new number the texts should stop right away!

My :twocents:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I can't believe people are so negative...You gotta get up at 2:45 to go pee anyway,don't you?This is just a reminder!:d:beer::beer::beer:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
To me it sounds like you got a "Recycled" number and the clown who had it before you had subscribed to that feature. I'd say you have one of 2 options. DEMAND a NEW number, or like everyone else said, take the phone back, and shove it sideways where the sun down shine on whomever the rep is. Texts have to go to the E164 alias (Phone number) so if you get a new number the texts should stop right away!

My :twocents:

A new number would work but its my business number and what a pain that would be, business cards, signs, clients the list goes on.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't bell give you the number for this company so you can get a hold of them??????????????????????????????

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
can't bell give you the number for this company so you can get a hold of them??????????????????????????????

They would not. I told them I would take my story to the Media and they told me that that would be a good idea because its not the first complaint they've had about this so called Tone Club :confused:

Top Bottom