Rogers Down Canada Wide

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
So who is on the rogers network? I am and its sure is frustrating, No Service on phone. So I google rogers and the entire country is out from coast to coast. Its been out all night. Clients can contact me by email, but once I leave my home and have no internet I dont see messages. Then my workers have Rogers phones so I cant email them, call them or text them unless there are close to wifi. There saying if you need to call 911 don't try on your cell phone if rogers or fido call on your land line. Who has a line line these days. Wow, how much we rely on cell networks is crazy.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea it's frustrating as hell. I did have one call come through a little after 9, but zip since. I'm very glad it's a quiet day today, many other days having my phone as a paperweight would cost me a lot, I don't print anything out for jobs anymore, I get everything from my phone. Very bad timing for rogers as my contract was up 2 months ago and i'm free to go elsewhere. I wonder how much of a credit if any, they are going to offer for this? I was curious and googled, should be fine for emergency calls.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a landline ;)

I do, $22 a month to catch everything I don't need asap. As a truck driver I did not want my cell phone going off all the time.

We are so vulnerable, if an adversary took out our electric grid, we are done.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who uses roger's anymore ;) .... Lmao

Been with them for almost 20 years, just never pissed me off enough to move, coverage has been fine for years. I bet they will lose a ton of customers over this. Dealing with telus customer service for tv/internet I have doubts they are any better, maybe worse that way.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Funny thing is Rogers is saying to the news it’s in sporadic areas. I haven’t had service yet and anyone I know has no service. My business is off our cell phones. This basically is costing me a fair amount of money to have salary employees sitting at home because of no site communication with office or the site guys. It’s a Monday dumpster fire. Lol

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Rogers in Invermere today either. Hope there's no fires or floods in my buildings cause nobody can all me....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody seen a response from Rogers to see when they think they will have this all resolved?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is half a$$ed back. Sometimes calls and internet work but not always in the last 30 mins.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here. Wonder how much this will cost rogers in lost customers and demands for credit for the hassle?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Same here. Wonder how much this will cost rogers in lost customers and demands for credit for the hassle?

My contract is up at the end of April, and I'm defiantly getting a new carrier. They should have sent out apology email pretty much immediately, this has cost my business at least $1500 today that I know of and no one could leave messages or call my office line so I don't know what business I lost. I got my rogers invoice on Friday, they want there big bucks, the prices for these services are outrages. Wish this government could let the US companies in and the prices would drop to being reasonable.

Flapjack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My biggest bill bar none is telus, 2 cells a landline internet and TV. And they have terrible customer service.

I think it should all be billed out as data usage. That's it, that's all. Light data should be like $60 mo.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My biggest bill bar none is telus, 2 cells a landline internet and TV. And they have terrible customer service.

I think it should all be billed out as data usage. That's it, that's all. Light data should be like $60 mo.
I'm the opposite. When I had Telus Mobility contracts they would phone every once in awhile and say they looked at my plan then tell me how they could save me money. Who does that these days?? I have Telus satellite and a landline but we had to let the cell accounts go because our coverage where we live is brutal. Rogers put a tower up on land I rent so we have 5 bars all the time with them so we switched. I'd go back to Telus if they built a tower for us out this way but I fear that isn't happening.

Top Bottom