free gift from `rogers` not so free

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I few months ago I called into rogers and made some changes to my cell phone plan. All went good, I don`t have a contract just a month to month. At the end of the conversation the representative said I was entitle to a free tablet. right away I said no thanks. But she said it was completely free with no strings attached because I was a loyal customer. Well today I phone into rogers to see if they would match a price given to me by Bell. thats when I found out I was under a new contract with rogers because I excepted the tablet. Now this is not a Samsung or apple product...it was some Chinese tablet called the ZTE. Its been slow from day one and I play a few simple games on it because its bigger than my phone. The Rep on the other end learned a few English swear words today, some I`m sure he`s never heard before. So be careful excepting free stuff because there is no such thing as a free lunch.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont you have to sign a contract? Not just agree to a free tablet from walmart? haha

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not according to them. I guess we have a verbal agreement because I excepted the tablet.

Anybody want some free stuff...I need some money lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not according to them. I guess we have a verbal agreement because I excepted the tablet.

Anybody want some free stuff...I need some money lol

If you reply to this thread again you owe me 1000$

Lol

Reactions: LID

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you did enter a new contract they should have sent you an email or letter containing the contract. If you have access to your account online this info should also be available there. But I would put up a real fight if they don't have proof of you agreeing to enter a contract.

I fought with Telus over something similar, wife broke her phone and because I bought it on a Christmas sale the device balance on the contract was $360 - $15/month for 24 months. She had the phone 6 months and when I tried to buy out the contract they tried to charge me $450 to buy out the phone, $180 more than the contract stipulated I owed. Long story short it took over an hour and threatening to take it to a lawyer to get it fixed, and mine was black and white in the contract.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Rogers again (*611). Every person you talk to, ask to speak to their supervisor/manager. Keep asking for the next supervisor/manager and you’ll finally get to talk to someone that will correct it for you.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well from what I got from it was when she was telling me about the free tablet she was suppose to have explained that the tablet was free `if`I agreed to a new two year term. And when I agreed to have the `free`tablet sent to me that was binding. I maybe right or I maybe wrong but right now in live it isn`t worth the fight. I know it will take hours and days on the phone trying to get it straighten out. I`m better off trying to let others know before they agree to a free tablet.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well from what I got from it was when she was telling me about the free tablet she was suppose to have explained that the tablet was free `if`I agreed to a new two year term. And when I agreed to have the `free`tablet sent to me that was binding. I maybe right or I maybe wrong but right now in live it isn`t worth the fight. I know it will take hours and days on the phone trying to get it straighten out. I`m better off trying to let others know before they agree to a free tablet.

i would fight them. Telecommunication companies (Rogers, Bell, Shaw) do these things intentionally. They know they’re in the wrong and are hoping customers just give up. They make millions by scamming their customers. It’s disgusting. I had to fight Rogers once as they were overcharging me after a new contract by $25/month. Took 2 hours but was worth it in the long run.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Satellite radio is the same. Your contract automatically renews until you cancel it. It's in the fine print.Just because you quit paying doesn't mean you're done.
i would fight them. Telecommunication companies (Rogers, Bell, Shaw) do these things intentionally. They know they’re in the wrong and are hoping customers just give up. They make millions by scamming their customers. It’s disgusting. I had to fight Rogers once as they were overcharging me after a new contract by $25/month. Took 2 hours but was worth it in the long run.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The free tablet, I'm pretty sure, use to be a Galaxy Tab A 8.4". I bought one just after Christmas for cheap off Kijiji and there were a few ads at the time selling unopened tablets from Rogers. The seller said his came with his new phone.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a free one as well , it was from huawei. No data so WiFi only.

Last edited:
Top Bottom